Magnetized Units: Is it cool to swap out weapons mid tournament?

Dez

Question

Hey all!

An interesting question a friend of mine brought up. He has some Vulkite Berzerkers, and they are magnetized for different weapon load outs. Would you consider it cheeky (or perhaps against the rules even!) to swap the weapons out between opponents? These switches/upgrades don't cost points anymore like in WFB, so it seems legit and I couldn't think of anything to prevent this per the rules. It is WYSIWYG too. 

5 answers to this question

25 minutes ago, Dez said:

Hey all!

An interesting question a friend of mine brought up. He has some Vulkite Berzerkers, and they are magnetized for different weapon load outs. Would you consider it cheeky (or perhaps against the rules even!) to swap the weapons out between opponents? These switches/upgrades don't cost points anymore like in WFB, so it seems legit and I couldn't think of anything to prevent this per the rules. It is WYSIWYG too. 

Depends on the event. Some events require lists ahead of time with weapon selections/loadouts included.  If the decision was required during list submission then indeed it is cheating.  Otherwise, I don't see a problem with it.

Basically the same as having different models and changing lists between rounds, IMO. Like if I decided to replace 10 zombies with a banshee.

If the tournament allows it, fine, but personally I'd assume not unless stated otherwise. It feels like you'd be trying to tailor your list to gain an unfair advantage by knowing what other players have bought. If everyone is changing their lists between rounds, fine, but that needs to be an established part of the tournament rules that you are all playing by.

Archived