2.5k Soulblight C&C

High Warden

Hey there,

Just started soulblight and have written a list for 2.5k for something to work towards and am chasing some critique or advice.  Idea behind it is to cast the vampire on abyssal terror spell on the block of 10 bloodknights and buff them with the zombie dragon command ability and mystic shield them if necessary and just basically run everything up behind summoning skeletons to hold points etc. Here's the list:

Leaders
Vampire Lord On Zombie Dragon (440)
- General
- Vampiric Sword & Shield & Chalice
- Trait: Ruler of the Night
- Artefact: Cursed Book
Vampire Lord On Abyssal Terror (220)
- Vampiric Sword & Shield
Vampire Lord (140)

Battleline
5 x Blood Knights (260)
-  Soulblight Battleline
5 x Blood Knights (260)
-  Soulblight Battleline
5 x Blood Knights (260)
-  Soulblight Battleline
10 x Blood Knights (520)
-  Soulblight Battleline
10 x Skeleton Warriors (80)
- Ancient Blades
10 x Skeleton Warriors (80)
- Ancient Blades

Units
2 x Bat Swarms (80)
2 x Bat Swarms (80)
2 x Bat Swarms (80)

Total: 2500/2500

I currently have 1k worth with a vampire lord on zombie dragon and 2 units of blood knights, I would be keen on duel faction if someone can suggest some cool stuff/combos.  Was also looking at possibly cutting back on points and adding a mourngul but we'll see what response I get or whether it's necessary.  

Dire wolves, hexwraiths, and or black knight might be better tham the skeletons as your anvil unit. Otherwise your skeletons will be kind of left in the dust.

Red fury for the VLoZD im my opinion will be better as the a VLoZD and one unit of knights will work together to blow up units in single combats, and then the other 3 will usually be on the opposite side working to take apart enemy units.

When playing your goal will be to make sure when your knights or VLoZD charge they must beable to also end that combat that turn as both can lose considerable power if they waste time fighting.

Battleline wise your not qlliegence soulblight as you have skeleyons in the list so either more skeletons or drop them all together

maybe take some vargeists instead of the skeletons for some more hitting power and to keep with soulblight allegiance. if you need one more battle line then split up the 10 man squad into two five men.

Or, if you want more fast things then summon in some dire wolves at least twice.

As above drop the skeletons and take some Vargiests,speed is a powerfull weapon and skeletons wont cut it in a Soulblight army. I'd also split your 10 man unit into 2 units to maximise your regen,with 5 units your potentially getting a free unit back each turn :D 

Archived