1K Pure Ironjawz list for a new player

tuorgustavo

Hey guys.

I´m fairly new to AoS, I´ve been building some Ironjawz in the last couple months. As my units are finally coming together, I´ve been thinking about a 1k list and would appreaciate your opinions. Here´s what I have partially built and painted:

1 Megaboss on foot
1 Wierdnob shaman
2 warchanters
1 x 10 Ardboyz (6 big choppas, including drummer, banner and boss, and 4 shields)
2 x 5 brutes (3 dual chopas, 1 gore hacka and boss klaw)
2 x 3 Gore gruntas (pig choppas)
1 Gargant

As I want a 1k list, what I came up with is:

Leaders
Orruk Megaboss (140) - General - Trait: Ravager - Artefact: Battle Brew
Orruk Warchanter (80)
Orruk Warchanter (80)

Units
Orruk Ardboys x 10 (180)
Orruk Brutes x 5 (180)
Orruk Brutes x 5 (180)

Battalions
Ironfist (60)

Total: 900

My other option is to change 1 warchanter for the Wierdnob in order to use foot of gork.

I also considered using Bellowing Tyrant to get a better chance of hitting things, especially if the shaman goes to the field, but I think Ravager would be better for mobility.

What are your thoughts?

I agree with Sangfroid and Warboss Gorbolg. 100% drop the Chanter for another unit of Piggies. Also, with bellowing tyrant I would consider running the brutes as a group of 10, making the brutes the general and spamming inspiring presence/bellowing tyrant on themselves. 

I've personally found at 1k points that 20 'Ard Boyz give more bang for their points. Sheer weight of numbers stacked up with the buffs from the Iron Fist, the Warchanter and Bellowing Tyrant all combine to make for a vicious unit.

My usual list is

Megaboss

Warchanter

20 x Ardboyz

5 x Brute

5 x GoreGrunta

Ironfist

Yesterday I played against Seraphon in a preview of a battle set for an upcoming 2k tournament (4x4, 3 points evenly spread out, playing from corners). We agreed to play 1k points. The Brutes as the general did considerably more than I expected. 6 rippers dropped on the boss/chanter bottom turn 1, boss lived. I killed the remaining 5 with the brutes. Was downhill for the Seraphon afterwards. 

My List:

Megaboss - Battle Brew

Warchanter - Battle Brew

10 x Brutes (General, Bellowing Tyrant)

10 x Ardboyz

10 x Ardboyz

Ironfist

Archived