10 bloodreavers 

Exalted deathbringer 

Mighty lord of khorne

lord of Khorne on juggernaut (general)

skullgrinder

valkia

-

1630 points

strategy: focus on killing and objectives, get those bloodtithe points to 8 and summon the 360 points Bloodthirster

your opponent should be struggling with units and you just added a fresh monster in game... 

thats my theory

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Aspirant Snaeper said:

@Killax

You need Blood Warriors for Gore Pilgrims tax.

Otherwise thats a solid list. As you well know, I'm a fan of Murderhost + Gore Pilgrims and throwing a Bloodthirster in there should be brutal. 

Yup and if we're going to speed up things WoKBT seems to be the way to go unless we're talking about more of a swarm that expects to handle well turn 2. I think both can really work out well, same goes for the Brass Stampede maxed or The Goretide "maxed" on the Bloodbound heavier sides of things. 

2 hours ago, davidslv said:

1630 points

strategy: focus on killing and objectives, get those bloodtithe points to 8 and summon the 360 points Bloodthirster

your opponent should be struggling with units and you just added a fresh monster in game... 

thats my theory

Solid start, as you know that Valkia could also be a Bloodsecrator and the Skullgrinder could also be a Bloodstoker, I think I'd prefer that personally but both seem solid anyway.

Skipping out on Bloodsecrators is something I personally can't endorse ;) 

Is it just me or am I the only one preferring the defensive artifacts instead of pushing already killy heroes a little bit further?

I'd rather have Blood-forged Armour than a Mark on a Mighty Lord.

Same goes for the Exalted Deathrbinger, the shield version seems so much better.

PS, my take on Murderhost+Pilgrims:

Spoiler

Allegiance: Khorne

Leaders
Bloodsecrator (120)
- Artefact: The Brazen Rune 
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Bloodbathed Axe
- Blood Blessing: Killing Frenzy
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Bloodbathed Axe
- Blood Blessing: Blood Sacrifice
Wrath Of Khorne Bloodthirster (360)
- General
- Trait: Arch-slaughterer 
- Artefact: Crimson Soulstone 
Skullmaster, Herald of Khorne (100)
Daemon Prince Of Khorne (160)
- Artefact: The Crimson Crown 

Battleline
5 x Blood Warriors (100)
- Goreaxes
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Meatripper Axes
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Meatripper Axes
30 x Bloodletters (300)
30 x Bloodletters (300)
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)
- Khorne Daemon Battleline (Karanak General)

Battalions
Gore Pilgrims (80)
Murderhost (20)

Total: 1980/2000

2 minutes ago, Xasz said:

Is it just me or am I the only one preferring the defensive artifacts instead of pushing already killy heroes a little bit further?

Same goes for the Exalted Deathrbinger, the shield version seems so much better.

I feel we probably get more value by strengthening what we're good at (killing all the things!) than trying to shore up our shortcomings, Especially with the options we have to equip daemons. I can see arguments both ways, i just lean towards the idea of making sure I kill what I need to with whatever tool i'm using to do so. if I lose that tool afterwards then i'll take my blood tithe!

3 hours ago, facelez said:

Quick question for you: slaughter incarnate plus bloody exemplar. Does that stack?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Double Slaughter Incarnate is an odd case but it does not state it cannot stack therefor can stack.
There are House-rules who stop same name abilities from stacking, do keep this in mind :) 

Now it might be obvious but players are aware that this ability is not targeting anything and therefor can cease to affect if your out of the 6" bubble? I mean I do really like it but the step to a Bloodsecrator is small and much easier to use to obtain an improved version of a similar effect...

Here's another theoryhammer list for everyone to digest. 

Allegiance: Khorne

Leaders
Mighty Lord Of Khorne (140)
- Artefact: Mark of the Destroyer 
Exalted Deathbringer (80)
- Ruinous Axe & Skullgouger
- Artefact: Mark of the Destroyer 
Bloodsecrator (120)
Wrath Of Khorne Bloodthirster (360)
- General
- Trait: Unrivalled Battelust 
- Artefact: Mark of the slayer 
Bloodmaster, Herald of Khorne (80)
- Artefact: Harvester of Skulls 

Battleline
5 x Blood Warriors (100)
- Goreaxes
5 x Blood Warriors (100)
- Goreaxes
5 x Blood Warriors (100)
- Goreaxes
30 x Bloodletters (300)
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)

Units
5 x Skullreapers (140)
- Daemonblades
- 1x Soultearers
5 x Skullreapers (140)
- Goreslick Blades

Battalions
The Goretide (40)
Slaughterborn (80)
Murderhost (20)

Total: 2000/2000

14 hours ago, Killax said:

Solid start, as you know that Valkia could also be a Bloodsecrator and the Skullgrinder could also be a Bloodstoker, I think I'd prefer that personally but both seem solid anyway.

Skipping out on Bloodsecrators is something I personally can't endorse ;) 

Indeed, was on the plane when I thought about this. We can take out those 10 reavers and instead of the 360 points, use the 300 points bloodthirster, add the secrator. 1980 points and more survivable :)

all of these is theories, haven't played with this setup

the only thing I can see happening is the opponent slow down those blood tithe points by avoiding combat, but you can force it if you covering objectives. I don't think this is a good army for a battleplan such as 3 places of power, specially if there's shooting involved, heroes are limited and since most of them have 5 wounds it will be easy to have them killed, but then you get blood tithe points and you stick a 14 wounds hero in one of the objectives, hopefully will survive two battle rounds 

With 3 places of power you can play defensively if you're lacking in heroes to hold objects.  Denying your opponent the ability to score by flooding the objectives you can't hold is a valid way of winning if you're careful about it.  Another method that works versus eager opponents who like to rush the objects fast and to let them, then counter charge in with your large units to kill off their heroes.

13 hours ago, Xasz said:

I tend to agree with you here.  Not always of course, because different lists call for different things and different opponents field different things.

If I'm fielding a Mighty Lord of Khorne I see his strength as being anti large in that he can one shot anything on the table.  He doesn't need more attacks to help him do that in my opinion, he needs the ability to survive up to that point.  Because of his ability to one hit kill anything on the table and his low wound count he is going to be prime target number one if he's fielded and personally I just see it as a waste to put an artifact on him at all.  But that's just me.  Your mileage may vary.  If you have no other heroes needing artifacts, sure, give him one I guess.

Brazen Rune and Bloodforged armor are really nice artifacts to put on those models you need to survive like a Bloodsecrator or your general.  However if you are running multiple slaughterpriests in a list that have brazen flesh then the bloodforged armor becomes less appealing because you know you can throw a +1 to save on anything you need at any point in the game as situations change without using up an artifact.  I tend to keep my Lord on Juggernaut at a 2+ from Brazen Flesh and run him with Gorecleaver.  He will destroy most things he touches with that in my experience thus far.  So yeah, I lean towards just making things more killy than trying to make them more defensive but then the Lord on Jugger is more tanky in nature compared to the Mighty Lord so I do have more of an ability to get away with that.

On the Exalted Deathbringer I agree with you.  Shield version just seems much better to me with his ability to actually survive given that his natural save is a 4+.  I'd lean towards defensive artifacts on 80 point heroes just because it easily puts them on par with more expensive heroes.  Buffing up an 80 point hero is less likely to draw your opponents attention as well when compared to taking the scariest melee thing on the table and making it even more scary in melee. 

4 hours ago, Aspirant Snaeper said:

Here's another theoryhammer list for everyone to digest. 
Battalions
The Goretide (40)
Slaughterborn (80)
Murderhost (20)

The thing for me with this list is that non-maxed Murderhost and The Goretide do largely the same, moving things up. While Slaughterborn helps giving some great counter-charges, especially for a Bloodthirster, I'd still be inclined to run one or the other.

Your list seems fine enough in general but I feel the Battalions become an unneeded tax. You could go full The Goretide and not really miss out on any bonus, as all that Murderhost now effectively does for you is give +2D6 movement to 1 unit of Bloodletters, 1 Herald and Fleshhounds.
These are not a bad 600+ points to spend but you could aswell max out on Blood Warriors and Skulltakers who have the same movement benifit over two turns. The prime reason to run a WoKBT with Murderhost and Gore Pilgrims is allow for 1 or 2 Bloodletter units to reach the opponent turn 1, the moment the average rolls required for that far supas 8's per 2D6 I wouldn't attempt it and max out on bodies for a much more powerful turn 2.

1 hour ago, davidslv said:

the only thing I can see happening is the opponent slow down those blood tithe points by avoiding combat, but you can force it if you covering objectives. I don't think this is a good army for a battleplan such as 3 places of power, specially if there's shooting involved, heroes are limited and since most of them have 5 wounds it will be easy to have them killed, but then you get blood tithe points and you stick a 14 wounds hero in one of the objectives, hopefully will survive two battle rounds 

Absolutely agree, the moment you go heavy on the combo certain other strategies become much more brittle. However this is the pro/con to most of Khorne's top competative lists I feel. As both swarming and rushing is still a very viable option.

We havn't even talked about Bloodreavers too much but with Battleshock negation those blocks become a true hassle to deal with, which is another thing I'd like to test out with Gore Pilgrims. 

Defensive Artefacts vs Offensive Artefacts
The prime reason for me to not bother too much with defensive Artefacts for other than Bloodsecrators is because I actively like my non-Bloodsecrator targets to become prime target(s), I rather have my Units arrive in one place as being bothered with a single Hero. If the Bloodthirster had any option to effectively become more tanky/defensive I'd gladly accept that too but there isn't too much for him.

One of the reasons why I like Mark of the Destroyer so much, especially in conjunction with The Goretide, is because it allows the character to act as a "full" Unit in terms of attack quantity and on practically every model this is a great deal because it drastically improves our threat saturation quantity
Other than that I also agree with @Jharen in regards to Bronzed Flesh. We have the option to improve armour saves, it's one of the best options we have. All armours do not drastically improve our armour saves, the partially ignore rend or allow for 1 re-rolls. Neither are bad but it's not incredible either.

The way I see Khorne armies function at their best level is when they continue to present problematic units that are very difficult to all deal with turn 1 and do show up for some Melee fun at turn 2. It's because of this that I have Murderhost and The Goretide quite high on my list and the reason why Battalions like Brass Stampede and Gore Pilgrims also interest me is because they present another way of doing this, basically set up for a cascading combination of abilities :) 

Threat saturation is always how I approach Khorne building.  @Killax and I have both always seen eye to eye on that I think as being the most important aspect of how Khorne armies function.  I agree Mark of the Destroyer can turn the Mighty Lord of Khorne into a unit killing machine, and it's completely worth doing if you are lacking for other heroes that need the boost.  I just feel that without it he is already a formidable threat, and therefor if you have included other low value heroes (such as any of the deathbringers) in your list you want to make sure to make them threats first.  Essentially I want to play a balancing act in my list where everything is as close to equally threatening as I can get them so that my opponent is forced into micromanaging and making difficult choices.  Again though, I don't think there's a right or wrong concerning what you give the Mighty Lord of Khorne, he's going to be scary if he gets close no matter what and is going to draw fire.  How you use him and how you approach getting him across the table is a variable sitting between what else you're running and what your opponent is running and you should equip him as is suited to what you feel works best in the situation.

1 hour ago, Carnelian said:

Does anyone run the Exalted deathbringer with the giant spear? I really love the model but his rules are a bit underwhelming 

I plan to. Dont own him yet. Seems great with Slaughterborn/The Goretide and if you have Artefact slots left Gorecleaver.

Thing is Bloodsecrator with Brazen Rune is a fantastic "scroll caddy" against Sayl and Tzeentch.

3 hours ago, Carnelian said:

Does anyone run the Exalted deathbringer with the giant spear? I really love the model but his rules are a bit underwhelming 

I have him and ran him in my first game with Blades of Khorne but he never got to see combat before my Battleline wiped my opponents force. 

He's a great candidate for Mark of the Destroyer and I ran him next to my Aspiring Deathbringer and well within the Gore Pilgrims Portal of skulls so he was looking at 18 attacks. Would be a an absolutel Hero slayer at that point. 

If you wound the enemy model then he causes a single mortal wound on a 4+, repeating until you fail to roll a 4+ or the enemy model is slain.  It is not for each wound you cause to the enemy model, it is if you wound the enemy model.

2 hours ago, Carnelian said:

Am I misreading how his rules works? Does he cause a single wound on a 4 + at the end of his attacks or does he do it for each wound?

Not so much to misread :) 

Brutal Impalement: Those caught on the end of an Impaling Spear will suffer an agonising death. Roll a dice when an enemy HERO is wounded by an Impaling Spear but not slain; on a 1, 2 or 3 nothing happens, but on a 4, 5 or 6 the HERO suffers a mortal wound as their own weight forces them further down the length of the weapon’s haft. Continue to repeat this process until you either fail to inflict a mortal wound or the enemy HERO is slain.

- Step 1; it only works on enemy HERO models wounded
*(luckily you don't have to ****** do this in the Combat Phase! See Slaughterborn for why this can be relevant)
- Step 2: wound an enemy HERO and not kill it
- Step 3: Roll a D6; 4+ is mortal wound; repeat step 3 for each time you roll a 4+ or until you kill the HERO

2 hours ago, Jharen said:

If you wound the enemy model then he causes a single mortal wound on a 4+, repeating until you fail to roll a 4+ or the enemy model is slain.  It is not for each wound you cause to the enemy model, it is if you wound the enemy model.

So yeah basically this! 

In general Mark of the Destroyer is great on anything but the prime reason why I like him as a 'guard dog' for our General with Slaughterborn would be because he can do it as part of a 'counter-charge' and with Gorecleaver you have better chances in inflicting a single wound, which allready allows you to repeat the process!

Now don't expect this lad to kill every HERO out there but it's fun! Narratively speaking probably one of the coolest things we have. 

2 hours ago, Dirty_Old_Grand_PA said:

Looking for comments on this list for a GT coming up. I was running WOK but decided to go Sayl and pick up another 20 Bloodletters for 4 30 blocks. This list isn't final, but looking for people's thoughts. 

The GT will be running GHB missions. 

IMG_2641.PNG

I do not envy having to put together 140 Bloodletters. 

That list looks competitive if that's what you're asking, but man is that the definition of WAAC list building. 

Finished my first units of Skullreapers and meatripper 'reavers. Skullreapers are a lot of fun to put together, meatripper axes a little less so. 

I'm really impressed with the quality of GW's sprues though. Beautiful fit and finish for the most part and the 'reavers went together relatively quickly for a 20 model unit. 

Looking forward to cutting down some trees with them tomorrow. 

Archived