Kemmler

TerrorPenguin

Is anyone using Heinrich Kemmler regularly in their lists? He seems pretty decent - 2 spells and his own aoe heal - positioning japes with cloak of mist and shadows and an amazing ward save if he is near a bunch of skeletons or zombies. 

IMG_4946.PNG

I suppose the only thing is that you take him in place of a necromancer and so don't get VHDM?

I've used him a lot and only dropped him from my list to fit in a tomb herald for guaranteed extra 5 would on my punchy big guy.  Now that TH has been nerfed in the latest FAQ I can see him making a come back.

The teleport is solid and happens at the start of the hero phase so he can get into casting or out of unbinding range with ease.  Can also be used to extract himself from combat if needed.  He is also not too shoddy in combat though not exactly a monster.

I tend to use him primarily as a support caster healing and a mystic shield to free up the more offensive spells on the the bigger guys (Vamp on ZD for example) who are more likely to be in range.

He also tends to be very survivable with his rule to pass wounds off on a 2+ to friendly death models.

I use him alot,  dont forget his tomb blade can add extra skeletons or zombies to existing units.  Its only a little bonus but it helps keep the big block of skeletons or zombies he passing wounds too alive for longer.

Archived