Let's chat Disciples of Tzeentch

Nico

Oh...

you're right... i had to insert one more mortal battleline instead of chaos knight or marauder horsemen

or splitting in 2 different unit Warriors or Acolytes

maybe acolytes is the better choice

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/23/2017 at 8:48 PM, Tasman said:

Absolutely, as long as all units in the warband have the Tzeentch keyword.

You mind pointing me towards the ruling for that? I thought because the Battalion had a different keyword you couldn't run it and still have the Tzeentch allegiance. I'd love to be wrong, its mainly Slaves to Darkness stuff that I use! 

Pge 95 of the DoT book - final numbered point 4. Battalions can be part of an allegiance that all of their constituent warscrolls have (instead of conferring an allegiance on all of their contents).

So i have a question about the Gaunt Summoner. I noticed while playing around with some lista that he/she (in Warscrollbuilder) can take a demon AND a mortal spell from the DoT book. I guess that this is because he is both but is this correct or have they just added both list and you can only pick one of them to be valid?

IMG_5290.PNG

1 hour ago, santiel said:

So i have a question about the Gaunt Summoner. I noticed while playing around with some lista that he/she (in Warscrollbuilder) can take a demon AND a mortal spell from the DoT book. I guess that this is because he is both but is this correct or have they just added both list and you can only pick one of them to be valid?

spells.jpg 

4 hours ago, Killax said:

spells.jpg 

"Depending on whether they are s mortal sorcerer or one of Tzeentch's daemons" - but hes both? Hes a mortal daemon wizard. Does that only give me the option to choose from one of two lores or do i get one from each. Pure Mortal wizards from the list do not get the same option on warscrollbuilder, thats why im confused.

3 hours ago, santiel said:

"Depending on whether they are s mortal sorcerer or one of Tzeentch's daemons" - but hes both? Hes a mortal daemon wizard. Does that only give me the option to choose from one of two lores or do i get one from each. Pure Mortal wizards from the list do not get the same option on warscrollbuilder, thats why im confused.

You have two lores to choose from and you choose one. 

Wizards in your army gain a (one) spell from one of the two spell lores.

To me very little room for confusion.

I'd like to Start a small discussion on the arcanite cabal. I see myself using it less and less from game to game but cannot really figure out how to include it viably in my lists. (Sidenote: Im playing mortal Tzeentch with some StD)

Fluff-wise it has to be there thats why I dont like not having it. The problem I have is its so fragile, with 3 heroes all it takes to render it useless, but with 4 it takes up a huge sum of points.

Secondly, the shamans are mobile but the magisters are not. So it is hard for me to keep ecerything in 9" but let the shaman(s) follow the faster enlightend/skyfires.

And third, all the other choices seem so much more powerful compared to magisters: Gaunt Summoners dish out 2 spells rather than one for 20 points less, the cursling has much better staying power (especially on vortex) ...

Do you use it? If yes, how? 

5 hours ago, Myzyrael said:

I'd like to Start a small discussion on the arcanite cabal. I see myself using it less and less from game to game but cannot really figure out how to include it viably in my lists. (Sidenote: Im playing mortal Tzeentch with some StD)

Fluff-wise it has to be there thats why I dont like not having it. The problem I have is its so fragile, with 3 heroes all it takes to render it useless, but with 4 it takes up a huge sum of points.

Secondly, the shamans are mobile but the magisters are not. So it is hard for me to keep ecerything in 9" but let the shaman(s) follow the faster enlightend/skyfires.

And third, all the other choices seem so much more powerful compared to magisters: Gaunt Summoners dish out 2 spells rather than one for 20 points less, the cursling has much better staying power (especially on vortex) ...

Do you use it? If yes, how? 

You can just run it with 3 shamens 

12 hours ago, Myzyrael said:

This was one Option I was thinking of, but then I have six spells sitting with the skyfires that really dont want to be within 18" of the enemy...

It is strangely restrictive in not being able to add the Gaunt Summoner or Curseling to the Cabal, when both seem like they should 100% be able to be part of it. Neither would solve the issue of keeping up with the Shamans and, with all models needing to be within nine of each other and being fairly squishy, you have to resign yourself to losing them fairly early if you want to use them offensively casting two or more spells. The Curseling would be harder to remove than the others, but with six wounds he definitely goes down if your opponent decides that he really wants rid of him. 

That said, a 50/50 shot of getting a Destiny Dice back each time you use one, is surely the pay off here and holding a Magister or other back is probably not a bad idea with that in mind.

Your thoughts on this list I've been playing around with. 

General idea to have a fast and fun army, the former to contrast my Khorne army. 

There are two variations not shown, I might change one of the Shamans for a Gaunt summoner when I face horde armies. The reinforcement points are either used to summon a Balewind vortex (how are these ruled nowadays? Anything I should consider re charging, re re-summoning) or used to split the horrors into either two blues or cont'd to brimstone. Chaos warriors I use converted Blood warriors W Tzaangor shields and heads, but I guess could change them for additional Tzaangors....

The chariot is there to add some flavour although I know it might not be the most competitive choice!

Any thoughts welcome!

IMG_0598.PNG

IMG_0599.PNG

43 minutes ago, ArtyomTrityak said:

So can i add Daemon Prince to Disciples of Tzeench army and get allegiance & all benefits for Arcanites battalions & dices etc?

Sure, as long as you take the mark of tzeentch.

you can also summon him, then with any mark of chaos 

So can i add Daemon Prince to Disciples of Tzeench army and get allegiance & all benefits for Arcanites battalions & dices etc?

It can't be included in an Arcanite Battalion as the Daemon prince doesn't meet the "Tzeentch Arcanite" keyword. So they wouldn't get the batallion benefits.

However they would qualify as a "Tzeentch Daemon" for the Eternal Conflagration and The Hosts Duplicitious and would get the benefits from those.

A Tzeentch DP could be included, however, in your roster as a single unit choice without loosing the destiny dice.

So DP will not be a part of battalion but still can be used with battalion right?

In the "Tzeentch Daemon" batallions that list "any number of additional Tzeentch Daemon units" they would get the main batallions rules.

If added as a single unit as part of tzeentch allied roster that has Tzeentch arcanite batallions, it wouldn't get the arcanite batallion rules. (It doesn't meet the keyword requirements) But could be in the army without breaking the Tzeentch Allegiance.

I can also mix battalions from Tzeentch Daemons / Tzeentch Arcanites without breaking the Tzeentch Allegiance, can't i?

Yep. And you could include other models that have (or can take) the Tzeentch keyword.

I.e. Mutalith Vortex Beast of Tzeentch, Soul Grinder, Archaon ...

18 minutes ago, TheOtherJosh said:

Yep. And you could include other models that have (or can take) the Tzeentch keyword.

I.e. Mutalith Vortex Beast of Tzeentch, Soul Grinder, Archaon ...

Ah yes sorry completey ignored your question regarding the arcanite cabal, thx for correcting me there. So my answer was only valid (as Josh pointed out) for the general allegiance of Tzeentch.

Hey, I am looking at dipping my toe into the world of Chaos (was always a destruction and order kid). Tzeentch has won, with a little Khorne on the side.

Has anyone run with a LOC, gaunt summoner, chaos warriors, pink horrors, sky fires and shaman and then a summoning pool for khorne? 

Any tips and tricks?

Archived