1000pts Competitive FEC

alasdair

Hi guys,

Been crafting a 1000pts FEC list as I think they may have some potency at this level. This is what I have come up with

Abhorrant Ghoul King on Terrorgheist     400
    Red Fury, Cursed Book
20 Crypt Ghouls             200
10 Crypt Ghouls             100

Reserves:                300

The idea is to bring on a unit of Flayers and a unit of Horrors from reserve when and where I need them. The big unit of ghouls charge forward with the King who buffs them up, and the smaller unit hold a backline objective or harrass. My only concern is whether the Horrors and Flayers pack enough of a punch to rely on this gimmick. However I cannot see a better list that uses the GKoTG at this level. 

C&C appreciated!

Red Fury and Cursed Book on the Ghoul King is probably a waste, you would be better off with ruler of the night to give some survivability to your ghouls. Red Fury would need Ghoul King to cause enough wounds on a single unit to make the roll of the dice work and I don't think he's strong enough to do that.

Given that they come in from the board edge, you might be better with flayers for the flying and movement. 

Look at Ghoul Patrol as well - this also allows some movement shenanigans, but also gives you regenerating units in the ghouls without needing a courtier nearby

Red fury works on the models wounds caused, so it takes into account the zombie dragons attacks also, you can create a meaty blender with that command trait on a GKoZD, especially with the rerolls to wound.

Whoops I noticed you're using the terrorghiest, in that case it might be better to go for ruler of the night, along with the GKoTG's spell you can make a large block of horrors almost unmovable. Or buff the staying power of ghouls backed up by courtiers. 

The cursed book is always a solid choice, although it does nothing against death units so be ready to use another item if you go against death. Cloak of mists and shadows is great to disengage, or you could go for the ring, meaning it's hard to knock such a resilient model off the table. 

Hi there :) I won a 1000point tournament with this list. Not many players mind you but it still won the games surprisingly :)

The GK was used mainly to buff and stayed in cover.  Not many people knew about Ghoul Patrol at this time so the double regen on them helped. Also a lot of wounds to get through on the horrors of shielded and made immune to battleshock.

IMG_2219.PNG

Archived