khorne infantry

Arkiham

i've been thinking a bit about my khorne armies lately after watching some bloodbound games, the majority of those armies are using blood reavers,  and im wondering why?

cheap throw away body block?

hidden damage output?

good damage output?

Why arent bloodletters used in a large group? a unit of 30 is meant to have really good damage output.

why are blood warriors so rare? i found buffing these guys with an attack or two is really helpful as they double it.  when killed in melee combat if they go first 

I'm a big fan of both Blood Warriors and Bloodletters, running 15 and 10 at 1k respectively (my 2k list isn't completely formed/painted yet).  I think the biggest issue I have with Blood Warriors is the relatively low model count for the points cost, they're rock solid don't get me wrong but quite a few battleplans really need you to have an overall higher model count in the army.  

Bloodletters are pretty easy to remove off the table with only one wound and a 5+ save, I've found their icon doesn't trigger often enough to really offset this.

I bring a minimum of 20 blood warriors in every list. They're fantastic.

On blood reavers- they're very cheap which is nice, and very good for screening more expensive units. They're also good counters to drop armies and sylvaneth, giving the needed bodies to stop teleporting.

They can hit very hard too. 4s and 4s rend 1 is pretty nice. 2 banners wrath mongers and a totem nearby (which all should be in the list) bring them to 5 attacks a piece. Quite nasty for a 20 man 120 point unit.

I've added marauders into my lists as well. Their save is handy, and being able to get +1 to hit and wound kind of offsets the no rend.

I've run 30 of them with a blood secretor and wrath mongers right behind them for 3 attacks apiece. 50% of the time they are getting the +1 to hit and wound, with the occasional further +1 to hit from great destroyer. Hitting on 2s rerolling 1s and wounding on 3s with a save. I'll take it.

Plus, I have a s**t ton of these guys from when I ran them in WFB. This way I can have a really big unit that people can't afford to ignore, and doesn't die quite so easily.

I call them my 'elite marauders'.:$

Archived