FEC with VL generals

Dracothjay

So, I can see the benefits of having a VL as general due to the extra attacks and also a necromancer. 

To capitalise, is having a GKoZD/TG a great addition to the lords list? So far the lords part of my list looks like this:

vampire Lord general 

necromancer

crypt ghast courtier

varghulf courtier

AGKoZD/TG

i think with all these lords makes for dangerous synergy!

who prefers their GK to be on either dragons or terrorgheists?

I prefer my Ghoul Kings on foot. Mounting them has in my experience been a quick way of making sure that they die without making their points back. Then again, my take on the FEC differs from a lot of advice you will find on this forum. I went into greater depth here; 

Well, it's either TG for the survivability of 5 and 6+ save after failed base saves or ZD for re-rolling failed wound rolls.

both have strong merit. However, for myself I say the ZD wins for me as the failed wound rolls is immense. Can really play aggressive with this.

luckily I'm building both ZD and TG, from 2 FEC star collecting sets you get 3 ghoul kings. I'm making one on foot, one on a ZD and leaving the TG bare so I can have that option to mount him on either flappys.

5 minutes ago, Dracothjay said:

That's what I actually plan to do. I LOVE the VLoZD, I actually want him as my main damage dealer and have my ghoul king on foot along with a Vampire Lord, necromancer, ghast courtier and a varghulf. 

Nothing better than rerolling wounds. Especially if you roll a lot of dice! My list is over 100 ghouls hah!

7 minutes ago, Dracothjay said:

That's what I actually plan to do. I LOVE the VLoZD, I actually want him as my main damage dealer and have my ghoul king on foot along with a Vampire Lord, necromancer, ghast courtier and a varghulf. 

IF you didn't see my post my list was this: Sounds similar to what you are playing except the Varghulf makes more sense if maximizing with Horrors - which I plan on doing! Can you provide your list, here's mine:

Leaders
Vampire Lord (140)
- General
- Trait: Ruler of the Night
- Artefact: Ring of Immortality
Necromancer (120)
Crypt Ghast Courtier (80)
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Zombie Dragon (400)
- Artefact: Ring of Immortality

Units
Crypt Ghouls x 40 (400)
Crypt Ghouls x 40 (400)
Crypt Ghouls x 30 (300)

Behemoths

War Machines

Batallions
Ghoul Patrol (100)

Total: 1940/2000

I like ghoul king on foot. Works mainly as a buff though but for 100 points you can't argue. He also has a little rend which is good in FEC (I know the ZD and TG do as well).

Tonight Iplayed a 1000 point list with:

Vampire Lord

- Ruler of the Night

- Black Amulet

Necromancer

Ghoul King on Foot

Crypt Haunter Courtier

Crypt Ghouls x 10

Crypt Ghouls x 10

Crypt Horrors x 3

Crypt Horrors x 3

Abbatoir Formation

It did OK, +1 attack plus re-rolling hits on the horrors is strong. You have a guaranteed +1 attack from the Vampire and a fairly easy one from the GKoF

Buff one of those units of crypt horrors up with the necromancers spell, +1 attack and re rolling hits though and you're away.

I wouldn't take the abbatoir formation again, I'd rather use the points for some skellies or something else. 

Black amulet is decent on something survivable. Ring of immortality is great obviously but I wanted to try some new things

8 hours ago, TerrorPenguin said:

I like ghoul king on foot. Works mainly as a buff though but for 100 points you can't argue. He also has a little rend which is good in FEC (I know the ZD and TG do as well).

Tonight Iplayed a 1000 point list with:

Vampire Lord

- Ruler of the Night

- Black Amulet

Necromancer

Ghoul King on Foot

Crypt Haunter Courtier

Crypt Ghouls x 10

Crypt Ghouls x 10

Crypt Horrors x 3

Crypt Horrors x 3

Abbatoir Formation

It did OK, +1 attack plus re-rolling hits on the horrors is strong. You have a guaranteed +1 attack from the Vampire and a fairly easy one from the GKoF

Buff one of those units of crypt horrors up with the necromancers spell, +1 attack and re rolling hits though and you're away.

I wouldn't take the abbatoir formation again, I'd rather use the points for some skellies or something else. 

Black amulet is decent on something survivable. Ring of immortality is great obviously but I wanted to try some new things

It's always implored to play what you like and always test. Thanks for sharing! :)

Archived