A college of Wizards 2k Competive

mmimzie

Howdy folks, I've decided i'm pretty sure i wanna give a human magic list together. With the changes to the balewind vortex making it more viable. Here's the list:

Leaders:

3x Battle Mage

Battle Mage of Griffon

Celestial Hurricanum With Celestial Battlemage, Pheonix stone/Master of defense (meh)

Luminark Of Hysh With White Battlemage, Pheonix Stone

3x 20 archers

The Archers work to counter alpha strikes. With the early move slyvan can be forced to deploy trees further back than they'd like.  Or they can be deployed in a star to prevent Storm cast melee or ranged alpha strikes on expensive pieces.

Against, some of the stronger shooting list the high move and the large range on the Hurricanum and the luminark will allow  for lynch pin hero snipes, and the long range spells from the council combo'd with balewind. With 4 drops against some list you'll have a decent shot at getting first turn against a few armies. 

weaknesseses are definitely shooting that can shoot past the archer screen, or melee +shooting making a hole in the archers large enough to charge through. Obviously no cool command abilities. 

strengths are that the army works well against armies that need heros to function as the large range, and mortal wounds give a great shot and blowing them off the board. 

The archers don't really shoot. They just throw themselves in the path of the enemy units. 

Archers were selected for thier post deployment move allowing for me to take the map as the 5"+d6 move is pretty good.  If they get to shoot it'll be pretty nice, but that's only a side benefit. They are there mostly to prevent the tree folk from getting woods down on my side of the map, and keeping them at arms length, or to keep stormcast from dropping on the mage ball. 

7 minutes ago, mmimzie said:

The archers don't really shoot. They just throw themselves in the path of the enemy units. 

Archers were selected for thier post deployment move allowing for me to take the map as the 5"+d6 move is pretty good.  If they get to shoot it'll be pretty nice, but that's only a side benefit. They are there mostly to prevent the tree folk from getting woods down on my side of the map, and keeping them at arms length, or to keep stormcast from dropping on the mage ball. 

Then getting melee units would be better in any case. But archers + hurricanum + griffhound gives for some nice options and will certainly do more for you than just using them as meatshields.

Archived