Sylvaneth 1k list

Dracothjay

So, got some sylvaneth coming for xmas and I've put to feather this list that I thinks decent and affordable for myself. Criticism on all levels is welcomed.

branchwych

treelord

20 dryads

10 tree revenants ( or 2 units of 5 )

3 kurnoth hunters with scythes.

this list is expanding on the starter set, but what are your thoughts? 

I was thinking my tree revs can port behind gun lines or act as chaff, bring 20 dryads on when the wyldwood is in a favourable position and my treelord and hunters patrol as 1 and mess stuff up.

brancwych to mystic shield dryads etc etc.

I would echo the dropping of 5 tree revenants for a treelord ancient.  Give him Gnarled Warrior and Oaken armor and in a 1k point game there's not much that can threaten him.  Plus you would be doubling your spell casting potential, giving you a lot more options.

Here is a slightly modified list I can suggest to you:

Leaders
Branchwych (100)
- Artefact: Ranu's Lamentiri 
Treelord Ancient (300)
- General
- Trait: Gnarled Warrior 
- Artefact: The Oaken Armour 
Units
Kurnoth Hunters x 3 (180)
- Scythes
Dryads x 10 (120)
Tree-Revenants x 10 (200)
Batallions
Household (20)
Gnarlroot Wargrove (80)
Total: 1000 points

I have been using a 1500 points version of this for a while now and I'm very happy with the results. With that artifact and command trait plus a healer Branchwych behind, your Treelord Ancient is nearly an unstoppable force (Regrowth cast value 3 thanks to Ranu's Lamentiri, D6 heal). Also thanks to the Gnarlroot Wargrove's Verdurous Harmony spell, you can resurrect your fallen models (yes, even Kurnoth Hunters) with either your BW or TA. Overall, Gnarlroot is very magic-heavy and durable, which is so much fun to play.

The only downsides I can come up with for this list is that you have 10 Dryads and therefore lack their save buff for 12+ models, and you will find yourself crippled if your BW gets killed early in the game.

I hope this helps you!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I dont know if that's the right place to ask, but. How Wyldwood works? I know its skills, but how do I use it? 
I mean, if my branchwhych cast one, are its points added to my list or I must left the points for it before the battle? 

Can I choose it and setting it up like another unit if I pay the points in my list for it?

And most important, how big is it? Is a expensive model, I had read that you need 7+ units of it. There is any template to make some on my own?

Idid play against a 1000pts Sylvaneth list in a recent-ish tournament. He used Druthu(SP?), Treelord Ancient, a bunch of Dryads and 3 Hunters with Scythes. He covered a big chunk of the map with woods pretty damn fast, which was obnoxious.

Having said that, there was one major weakness that did not become apparent until we played our match. He had no way past save stacking (read: no reliable mortal wounds), which led to him being overrun by angry Dracothian Guard.

Take that for what it's worth. Maybe it'll help in list-building ;)

Archived