Glotkin Tallyband

Dirty_Old_Grand_PA

One suggestion would be this:

480 Glottkin (Leader, Behemoth)
160 Daemon Prince (Leader, Behemoth)
240 Great Unclean One (Leader, Behemoth)
100 Herald of Nurgle (Leader)
 80 Nurglings
440 6xPlague Drones of Nurgle
200 20xPlaguebearers of Nurgle (Battleline)
100 10xPlaguebearers of Nurgle (Battleline)
100 10xPlaguebearers of Nurgle (Battleline)
100 Warscroll Battalion - Tallyband of Nurgle
2000pts

You could switch 10 Plaguebearers from the unit of 20 and the Nurglings for Epidemius if you wanted.

Alternatively make room for a Chaos Sorcerer Lord to buff the Glottkin, Plague Drones or Great Unclean One by removing the Herald and taking a Beast of Nurgle and 10 less Plaguebearers in the unit of 20. I might be inclined to choose the latter over the others.

1 hour ago, Dirty_Old_Grand_PA said:

Nvm forgot you need archon to do that. So what about dropping the prince and nurglings for GUO and split the drones up to hit the requirements? 

Could do, as the Great Unclean One certainly is a beast.

Personally I think I would prefer to have the drones in a bigger unit, plus the buffs from the Sorcerer and the Rend from the Prince that have the speed to keep up with the Drones and can trigger the loci.

• 2 weeks later...

For a similar list, I've considered running:

• 480     Glottkin
  • 260     Morbidex
  • 240     *Greater Unclean One
  • 220     *3 Plague Drones of Nurgle
  • 220     *3 Plague Drones of Nurgle
  • 200     *20 Plaguebearers
  • 200     *20 Plaguebearers
  • 100     *10 Plaguebearers
  • 80       *3 Nurgling Swarms
  • 80       *3 Nurgling Swarms
  • 100     *Tallyband

Glottkin serves as the general and increases all attacks by 1 with 14".  Morbid gets to be supported by 2 Nurgling swarms that he replenishes.  The whole force is three drops so you take control of initiative.  

• 2 weeks later...

Played this list yesterday in a 2v2 2k per person game:

Glottkin

GUO

DP

6 drones 

20 plaguebearers

10 plaguebearers

10 plaguebearers

3 beasts 

Tallyband battalion.

We ended up with Death/Nurgle v Orruks/Skaven.

We ended up with Nagash AND the Glottkin as well as a GUO on the same side.

To be clear, we did not speak about what we were going to bring beforehand.

This list performed brilliantly. The only casualty was the unit of beasts. Everything else survived the game, with a few casualties.

All of the other player lost substantial amounts of their forces. This is acceptable with Death. Not so much for Orruks and Skaven.

We smashed them. The 20 man unit of plaguebearers with Glotts miasma spell on them, being -2 to hit v shooting -1 in cc was unbeatable on the objective. I now believe that the only way to run them is in units of at least 20, 30 if you can work them in somehow.

I will most definitely be playing this list again.

10 hours ago, Tasman said:

Played this list yesterday in a 2v2 2k per person game:

Glottkin

GUO

DP

6 drones 

20 plaguebearers

10 plaguebearers

10 plaguebearers

3 beasts 

Tallyband battalion.

We ended up with Death/Nurgle v Orruks/Skaven.

We ended up with Nagash AND the Glottkin as well as a GUO on the same side.

To be clear, we did not speak about what we were going to bring beforehand.

This list performed brilliantly. The only casualty was the unit of beasts. Everything else survived the game, with a few casualties.

All of the other player lost substantial amounts of their forces. This is acceptable with Death. Not so much for Orruks and Skaven.

We smashed them. The 20 man unit of plaguebearers with Glotts miasma spell on them, being -2 to hit v shooting -1 in cc was unbeatable on the objective. I now believe that the only way to run them is in units of at least 20, 30 if you can work them in somehow.

I will most definitely be playing this list again.

Yea wait until you bring Epidemus over that DP.  You will see how your army gets even more stupid good.  Put those plaguebears, with 2-wounds, +1 Epidemus save, +1 mystic shield save, +1 cover save, -1/-2 to hit rolls , rerolling save rolls of one, disgustingly resilient save, and gaining models back each turn, and daemon banner = impossible to shift off an objective.  Not to mention the Glottkin gives +1 attack to each model with its command ability.

Archived