Looking for a tough as nails 2K Ironjaw/Destruciton battleline

Baron_Bathory

I have to ditto that. I am really disappointed that we didn't get a Goregrunter mounted boss.

I would be tempted to make it 1D6 mortal wounds. But then again I'm just a horrible person who just wants to watch the world burn. X D Thing is, these Cav need a bit more shock and awe to make them really strong on the charge, perhaps they gain a D3 for every 2 goregrunters, so that when you take six, that flank is gonna flex like plastic. That might even make a good upgrade for the Goregrunter battlion actually.... DEATH WALLS! FULL GOREGRUNTERRUSSHHHHHH xD (That might be much too cheesey though)

1 hour ago, Baron_Bathory said:

WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! I totally didn't expect all this.. thank you guys so much for all the info!!!!! Trying to like every post but it won't let me. @Dez amazing write up on the units! @Chris Tomlin thank you as well for the warm welcome and amazing info!

Ok so going pure ironjaws without any "cabbage" (LOL!) is seeing a HUGE surge in available points. So what I'm sort of seeing as a good list is as follows:

Heroes - 300

Megaboss (General) - 140
- Ravager
- Battle Brew

Warchanter - 80
Warchanter - 80

Core Units - 1620

10 Ardboyz - 180
10 Ardboys - 180
10 Ardboyz - 180

5 Brutes - 180
5 Brutes - 180
5 Brutes - 180

3 Gores - 180
3 Gores - 180
3 Gores - 180

Batallion Bonus - 60

Ironfist - 60

This takes us to 1980. Is this tough enough? Should I drop some of these units in favor of another? How should I equip the ardboyz and the brutes?

Thanks again for all your support guys. You're awesome.

I like it, the only thing I see is that the Ironfist formation calls for 3-5 units, and you have 9. Something to consider is combining some of the units. 

In units of 5 Brutes, you are best with the default setup: Brute Choppas, a Gore-choppa and Boss Klaw and Smasha. However if you are going with units of 10, you will want Jagged Gore-hackaz so you can get all of your attacks in. Brute bases are big, you'll need the 2" reach plus it will make it easier to buff the unit if there are less of them :)

For Ardboyz, I've been using all Big Choppas. It's ok, I wish they had 2" reach though. I think a unit or 2 of 20 with full command (you can take a Banner and an Icon of Gork...or multiples) you can spread across the front line and multicharge. I use this to great effect in the first turn, combined with Ironfist and Rampaging Destroyers I almost always charge first with Ardboyz before my opponent can buff his units. I even warn them and nobody seems to listen...

We have another thread here going on about how to arm Ardboyz 

17 hours ago, Baron_Bathory said:

WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! I totally didn't expect all this.. thank you guys so much for all the info!!!!! Trying to like every post but it won't let me. @Dez amazing write up on the units! @Chris Tomlin thank you as well for the warm welcome and amazing info!

Thanks again for all your support guys. You're awesome.

No worries man, you're welcome. We have a wide range of players in this sub forum and between us seem to be able to cover all bases!

The list looks good...lots of units!! I'm yet to see how an MSU (multiple small units) approach works for Ironjawz so in a kinda selfish way am keen for you to try this as is and report back! :P

My primary concern is alternating combats and the ensuing multiple battleshock tests those small Brute units may have to take. Dunno. Maxing out on Bosses and Choppas is clearly nice though.

Which 5 units where you planning on putting in the Ironfist? Perhaps you could condense two of the 5 man Brute units into one 10 and then stick 10 Brutes, 5 Brutes and 3x 10 Ardboyz in the Ironfist - the thinking being that the Gruntas have more speed, though conversely you may wish for them to go even faster!!

Another option is to drop one unit of your choosing and add a second Ironfist along with second Megaboss (you're only on 1980). This could be tasty. I guess another possible issue with MSU Ironjawz and just 3 characters is making sure you're maxing out on Rampaging Destroyers.

@Dez has correctly informed you on how to equip Brutes. This is clear cut and not up for debate. Ardboyz on the other hand...that's anyone's guess. For your purposes, I would think a pair of Choppas would be the optimum choice.

Enjoy

Archived