Rise of Empires: Realm Hoppers Narrative Campaign

HobbyHammer

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, childoffang said:

Before the thunder of the stormhosts arrival has faded Custos Animae can be heard chanting litanies of the fallen heroes of the Thousand Scions and their great deeds.

c831355ab8c771d4ff83062f6dfd63e7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats what happens when you look first thing in the morning. opps. It looks cool and will earn you your points for feb, ill count this as your entry for Feb 1st 

Continuing with my narrative of my Sylvaneth / Freeguild alliance, building up to a battle against the forces of Nurgle! So far the Freeguild have met with the Sylvaneth, learnt of the Spite Revenants, and of the older Sylvaneth

"Now you must meet with our clan lord. He will instruct you on our ways of war, so that we may crush the forces of the Rot god together," the tree-thing stated.

"What of Drycha? Does she not command the Dreadwood forces?" Asked Myrddin.

"The Hamadreth does not tolerate outsiders in her presence and is far too savage to command all of us."

"I have heard much of Drycha since I have been here, of her prowess in battle, savagery and devotion to her god - but never have I even glimpsed her!" Exclaimed Myrddin.

"You will no doubt meet her on the field of battle, for good or ill."

DRYCHA-HAMADRETH.jpg

DRYCHA-HAMADRETH.jpg

1 hour ago, Silent joe said:

@talesofsigmar you're a machine!

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

Cheers mate. I've basically got the black rims to paint up of most of the army and then I've finished the whole army! Even finished my display board last week...probably the most organised for an event I've ever been.

1 hour ago, HobbyHammer said:

Is that the same 10 rearranged.... ?

?.. joking good work dude! 

Haha was waiting for one smart arse to comment about that ;)

still got another 10 to put up too! I'll probably do a group shot of the 40 just to prove they're all different :P

Myrddin entered the glade warily, still not quite trusting these strange beings. Arriving at the centre of the glade, Myrddin waited for the clan lord to appear. At this moment, Myrddin thought he glimpsed something massive moving behind the tree line, and then promptly passed out...

Waking to a lush and verdant forest, much different from the dark and terrible one he had known, Myrddin now saw the clan lord, entering the glade from the opposite side to where he had.

"Greetings mighty wizard," Myrddin felt the words in his head, "I come to discuss our strategies to defeat this terrible darkness that has plagued our land for centuries. With the coming of the Hamadreth and now you men, we feel the time is right to strike and banish the Rot god from Ghur."

"My lord shares your wishes! We have been travelling about Ghur for the longest time with this goal in mind. How can we assist?"

6dcda538f3a0b3fb1657a31f103be511.jpg

"Our way of war is to use the very forest our enemies defile against them, making them question their faith in the Rot god, not one enemy has ever held fast in the face of Drycha's Spites. we older beings will join them in this manner this time, with myself and my Hunters augmenting their already debilitating ambush. Drycha is a law unto herself"

"Will our forces even be needed?" asked Myrddin incredulously.

"You must distract the entirety of their army, holding them in place until we are ready to strike!" I've seen first hand the resolve in which you humans can hold against the chaos," spoke the Treelord.

"Very well, we will stand with you," promised Myrddin.

e9a11c6051e920cd08ef776044032e95.jpg

Konstantine was nervous. Although he'd fought the followers of the foul god Nurgle many times over the years, he'd never fought in a forest that was actively trying to kill him. The first wave of the Rotbringers' army had hit The Order's lines with little effect, masses of marauders on foot and on impossibly fast steeds. The second wave approached, putrid daemons beyond number, but still no sign of the damned tree-men.

With a flash of arcane blue light, the Dreadwood made their presence known.

5b683b2ab0a20ce09bcec53a3a03e72b.jpg

So here's the warband that kicks off Realm Hoppers.

6.jpeg.1d701ec7efb8bf2fe98ca454484e4091.jpeg

We've got the following;

5.jpeg.bafee00b9f00707caadb8ffb4f254bd5.jpeg

Barruk, Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage

Barruk is second in command for the Khorne Rebellion, taking his orders direct from The Exiled One Skarbrand himself. He wields the Chaos Axe Blade, cleaving through troops as a knife through butter.

2.jpeg.4cac59bea71a173cf75bc48008175a62.jpeg

Heung, Skullmaster Herald of Khorne on Bloodcrusher

Heung, leads the Bloodcrushers on hunting missions with their aim to bring skulls to The Exiled One or bring meat back for the army to feast on. When in battle he leads his cavalry on outflanking missions, hitting their opponents when weak.

5898497ddf3af_File05-02-2017105208.jpeg.a67c293974051a8a88a4488c2fc8588f.jpeg

Bloodcrushers

This cavalry does whatever Heung orders them to do. Their daemonic mounts tearing apart enemies limb from limb while the riders on top love nothing more than decapatating their helpless victims and collecting skulls for The Exiled One.

1.jpeg.60962811cec9bc220495245d658c2d18.jpeg3.jpeg.0ec6d81ac1e373404837363655a9e01a.jpeg

4.jpeg.51a40ff32f261c24fa667baae9699103.jpegBloodletters.JPG.1e49efd2fd9f001f1dd60d661180f8b5.JPG

Bloodletters

The core of the Khorne rebellion. These monsters are bloodthirsty and do whatever Barruk or Skarbrand asks of them. Their skin turned blue from the spell that Sayl cast, they make a distinct mark wherever they go. When you see the blue-tide coming....RUN.

Konstantine watched as the Sylvaneth impossibly appeared from every copse of tree, as well as the treeline at the edge of the battlefield. Rushing towards the daemon lines were many different creatures, some particularly terrible, almost daemon-like themselves. These were the first to reach the daemons, and with an unholy screech blasted many daemons away. 

Out of the densest copse of trees in the centre of the daemons sprung a creature that chilled Konstantine's heart to the bone. Many large insects followed her, assailing a large gathering of the smaller pus-ridden daemons, almost obliterating them altogether. 

Hearing a booming voice inside his head commanding him to move in, Konstantine sent in his first wave.

2017-02-03 12.23.02.png

IMG_0164.JPG.c3167495a8bd891c8d0b55d701ba3d00.JPG

Olrog's intelligence means he doesn't fall for the mystical shehanigans used by Orruk Shamen to manipulate Warbosses. Gaztrukk* was clever enough to learn from the mistakes of his predecessors and concentrates on summoning the power of Gork and Morkn as instructed rather than attempting to direct the Waaagh to is own ends.

* I resalised I'd been rather neglectful of the letter K in my Orrukish namings. 

Love the grey / white on that @Ollie Grimwood what was the recipe for it?

Here's today's story piece, really enjoyed writing this one, can't wait to expand my Devoted army if they release more for them! 

Oh and will begin posting daily painted stuff in a couple of days! Including some Devoted of Sigmar!

The Devoted knew that they were soon to meet their deaths, having been told a little while ago by Sigmar himself, who had visited them in their dreams. They didn't worry that Sigmar was looking a little greener than usual, that wasn't important. They found themselves at the head of The Order, being given the honour of the first charge against the foul daemons of the Rot.

Led by the Witch Hunter, Marshal Agravain, who, coincidentally, seemed impervious to damage, The Devoted span through the remaining daemons (having just witnessed two daemons of different colours fight each other), oblivious of when one or two (or ten) of their number fell to their poisoned blades.

db55ae62b058f8b0962e252e6cbc13a1.jpg

Archived