Khorne or Nurgle 2k?

KhaosZand3r

Have a game coming up on friday, can't decide which list is better and whether or not I should make any changes to these.

KHORNE

Aspiring Deathbringer (general)   80

Fury Bloodthirster                        300

Herald of Khorne                            80

Slaughterpriest                             100

20x Bloodletters                           200

2x 10x Chaos Warriors                  360

6x Bloodcrushers                          320

2x Skull Cannons                          360

5x Chaos Knights                          200

NURGLE

Harbinger of Decay (general)       140

Lord of Plagues                             100

Epidemius                                      180

Bloab Rotspawned                        260

2x 20x Plaguebearers                   400

20x Chaos Warriors                       360

3x Beasts of Nurgle                       180

5x Chaos Knights                           200

Gorebeast Chariot                          100

3x Nurglings                                     80

Alternatives available:

Soul Grinder (1 for each), Daemon Princes (2x Khorne, 1x Nurgle), Skarbrand, GUO, Orghotts Daemonspew, 10x Warhounds, 5x more Knights, Warshrine, Herald of Nurgle, another Herald of Khorne, 5x Flesh Hounds, 10x Furies, Lord or Sorcerer on Manticore, Sorcerer lord on foot, 2x more Slaughterpriests, Hellcannon, Dragon Ogor Shaggoth, Exalted Deathbringer w/Spear

Might be more that I'm not remembering haha

I think Lord of Plagues is considered not that great.  His Command Ability isn't nearly as good as the Harbinger and he doesn't really add all that much in terms of combat.  If you can squeeze a few more points somewhere and are looking for a combat lord, I'd try to grab Gutrot, who also has a bad CA but is a bit stronger from what I can tell - delaying an enemy's weapon attack until end of phase could be handy.

The shooting may be a good idea against undead.  From what I understand their secondary save comes from their general so if you can snipe him quickly, that should help.  If he uses Nagash as his general he won't be able to put a Command Trait on him, which means they won't be able to have the 5++.  The Hellcannon may be better at this with its two shots doing 1d6 Mortal Wounds - but he is kinda pricey!

That said, undead will be regenerating models for free so it may be worth trying to kill those units down as quickly as possible which is more of Khorne's department then Nurgle's.

Goodluck!

Archived