Cheap way for GW to expand WarhammerQuest

Mr. White

I'm not sure if another big box is going out or not, but it seems there are some very low cost to GW methods to add to this game.

1) any time new tzeenth model comes out...put an adversary card in the app. I like the additional creatures in the adventure book and would keep buying models to diversify the Silver Tower if stats were available.

2) smaller box (size of lost patrol) that is just new tiles, cards, and adventures for another setting. if GW doesn't want to commit to another big box...put some new dungeon tiles in a box, include new treasures and skills cards, and adversary undead cards. I'll go buy some undead models. Rinse repeat for other settings (skaven, khorne, nurgle, etc)

Yep they could go even cheaper and have a White Dwarf article.

"The Gaunt Summoner has opened a portal to Realm X and faction Y have flooded into the Silver Tower.  Include rules for a few different units of faction Y and an alternate table on how to generate them. "

Job done. People can then go nuts buying all the faction Y models.

I kind of like the idea of an expansion that sort of works like a Start Collecting box for a faction. After all, the original game is effectively a Tzeench starter kit. So make it a double(ish) sized Start Collecting kit for Death or something and include new tiles and a new adventure book for some other sort of tower. Same $150 price point. Sales would be off the charts, I bet, given how well-received Silver Tower has been. Plus they can print a more traditionally laid out rule book that integrates the FAQ. 

Yes, yes, yes to adversary cards, small boxes, White Dwarf articles with rules, Start Collecting mini-dungeons, and character sheets. Such low hanging fruit if they plan it right, and just like the old WQ, people would collect all this to buff out their dungeon experiences. I really think printed material would go a long way in selling people like me on new minis for factions that I wouldn't/couldn't afford to build a full army for.

Archived