Battle brew

Fastbear

33 minutes ago, Fastbear said:

Does mounts get the benefit from battle brew?

Yeh as @TalesOfSigmar says, the rules are quite explicit here as all reference is to the model. We know this is intended as there are other instances in the General's Handbook of artefacts that clearly stipulate they benefit the character and not their mount.

It's nice on the Maw-krusha as once it's taken some wounds it will still hit on 2+'s with its fists (although my usual preference is the Talisman). Where it really shines is with the Frostlord on Stonehorn. Urgh. Brutal stuff.

It's particularly good with heroes riding monsters/behemoths. The effect of taking wounds with the monster is not nearly as drastic. I've had great success using the battle brew with Orruk WB on Wyvern.

Question for those out there: under what circumstances you do pals take two sips? I figure it's a last-ditch effort, to be done in the third or fourth (and certainly fifth) round, or when you know your boy is going to bite it within the next turn anyway. Any other strat for it?

12 hours ago, Furious said:

It's particularly good with heroes riding monsters/behemoths. The effect of taking wounds with the monster is not nearly as drastic. I've had great success using the battle brew with Orruk WB on Wyvern.

Question for those out there: under what circumstances you do pals take two sips? I figure it's a last-ditch effort, to be done in the third or fourth (and certainly fifth) round, or when you know your boy is going to bite it within the next turn anyway. Any other strat for it?

Yeh, agreed, Orruk Warboss on Wyvern is a very nice candidate for this Artefact. Once I've got myself some generic battleline units painted I'll be running this boy. Think it's solid for it's points.

I think you've nailed it on with the double sip, it's pretty much end game or if you know you're about to die. A monster down to it's last few wounds hitting on 5's in a big combat will benefit greatly from this and may afford you some last ditch damage before he goes down.

There's also instances when you are playing something that will debuff you, making you -1 (or worse!) to hit. Sometimes you can consider a double sip in these situations.

It's not something to get carried away with, but is a nice utility when required.

Speaking of this, I could add a question here:
How is a chariot affected by the Waaagh! ability? Does the whole model just get one additional attack? Or the two Orruks each one attack? Or even the pigs?

It says that all models gets 1 extra attack with ALL of their melee weapons.
I was wondering if it works for double choppas too. Giving extra attack for EACH choppa/chompa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was wondering if it works for double choppas too. Giving extra attack for EACH choppa/chompa. 

For each line on the attacks profile, this increases the number of attacks listed there by one. It has nothing to do with the number of weapons on the model. 

You don't get 8 extra attacks on an Arachnorok for example.

41 minutes ago, Nico said:

For each line on the attacks profile, this increases the number of attacks listed there by one.

Yeh, it's really just as simple as this.

1 hour ago, meet.the.doctor said:

It's worth noting that it doesn't say melee weapons, Battle Brew works on all to hit and to wound rolls, so that includes ranged attacks!

45 minutes ago, Nico said:

For each line on the attacks profile, this increases the number of attacks listed there by one. It has nothing to do with the number of weapons on the model. 

So, the pigs benefit too?

It's worth noting that it doesn't say melee weapons, Battle Brew works on all to hit and to wound rolls, so that includes ranged attacks!

A noteworthy point. I used it on the Troll Hag, who might be the equivalent of 5 regular trolls!

You don't, because it doesn't have ORRUK keyword.
If I attack with Savage Morboy it has additional attack for chompa and shiv (2 hands). Logically would be attacking with Boarboy Maniak 1 extra attack for each hand ("all of their melee weapons").
53b7abc5ed9c0c9d31bc5585c61d2e22.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, meet.the.doctor said:

You are right- sorry for the offtopic;) i just thought it might be an interresting thing to talk in the meanwhile;)

No no, it definitely is. Rarely do threads remain on topic haha! I just wanted to make sure you knew.

I must admit, I am now intrigued regarding the Waaagh! command ability and whether this does grant +2 attacks to a model with 2 of the same weapon (and just one attack profile). I strongly suspect not but I don't have any supporting information to hand. Usually there is just a reroll to hit or whatever associated with such things as opposed to a whole other load of attacks from the other weapon...if that makes sense.

It's profile. If you have your Ardboyz benefiting from the command ability, the ones with double choppas get 4 attacks, as opposed to their regular three. This is because double choppas on their warscroll is technically a single weapon profile.

Archived