Goodwin's Rotbringers 2k

Goodwin

Hey hey,

Seen a few people posting on possible Nurgle lists.  Here's what I've  been thinking for my pretty elite Rotbringer force.  I do have access to a fair sized Slaves to Darkness Nurgle force, but I'm not pumped about the paint job or the square bases, so I want to start with these guys and re-base/paint/grow from there.

Plaguetouched Warband

Herald of Decay

Morbidex Twiceborn

Orghott Daemonspew

Bloab Rotspawned

Blightkings x5

Blightkings x5

Blightkings x10

Nurgle Warshrine

And that's it!  A little worried about body count, but it should be hard to take them down.  Blightkings have a chance to throw healing and mortal wounds around per unit.  Herald gives the 5+ Nurgle Rescue, and Warshrine offers a 6+ Protection as well.  My other thought was to run a Rotbringer Sorceror and Festus the Leechlord instead of the Warshrine, and then split the 10man into two 5man units.  This is tempting as it'll give me more spells, as well as a way to generate additional mortal wounds (Arcane Bolt/Stream of Corruption to stack with Bloab's Miasma for Hero phase, as well as a Mystic Shield).

Actually, damn, maybe I'll do that instead. :P

I lose out on the first ability from Plaguetouched Warband as no one will have 7 models.  However, giving -1 to hit to the Blightkings and those monsters is pretty nice.  If Bloabl's flies are helpful, enemies could be looking at -2 to hit in combat!

What do you guys think?  Thanks thanks!

Hi!

In my honest opinion it is absolutely not worth to drop 3 blightkings to activate the second effect of the warband.

Additionally i think orghotts is pretty bad if he is not the general, cause he deals way less damage than morbidex, and has not a way to be helpful (outside of beating of course). The damage 1 weapon is the thing that screws him the most.

Furthermore you have to have at least one unit of nurgling to activate morbidex ability with no cost (although u will lose the keyword). I suggest you to think about dropping some points for a 3 nurglings summoning, after that just reinforce that unit for free.

Agreed. I'd drop orghotts (I really dont rate him highly at all ) pick up a unit of blightkings and run a unit of 14 and a unit of marauders. That would increase your bodies by 16 and overall wounds by  19, allow you some mobility and a chaff unit to block charges hold objectives. 

Dropping 9 wounds of blightkings for potential for mortal wounds on a to wound roll of 6 for a unit having 21 wounds, you'll likely do more damage just keeping the guys. As that's 9 plus  (probably 2d6) attacks.

Not for tournament play, but moreso for casual play without the chance of getting steam rolled.

Thanks for the thoughts guys!

I'll look into making those changes.  I did want to keep it specifically "rotbringer" as much as I could, but it seems like I may suffer without it.  The Nurglings is something I considered, but wasn't sure that breaking Allegiance was worth it.  I suppose if I am adding in other Mortal stuff like marauders I can take care of Battleline without requiring Blightkings for it anyway.

Sounds like my idea of pure Rotbringer won't be particularly effective then!  That's too bad, I thought running the three big boys would be splendid.  Good to know that I shouldn't go in expecting to clobber anyone with it. >.<

1 hour ago, Goodwin said:

Not for tournament play, but moreso for casual play without the chance of getting steam rolled.

Thanks for the thoughts guys!

I'll look into making those changes.  I did want to keep it specifically "rotbringer" as much as I could, but it seems like I may suffer without it.  The Nurglings is something I considered, but wasn't sure that breaking Allegiance was worth it.  I suppose if I am adding in other Mortal stuff like marauders I can take care of Battleline without requiring Blightkings for it anyway.

Sounds like my idea of pure Rotbringer won't be particularly effective then!  That's too bad, I thought running the three big boys would be splendid.  Good to know that I shouldn't go in expecting to clobber anyone with it. >.<

You didn't have rot bringer only :P warshrine is slaves to darkness.

If you want to run pure rot bringer id run orghotts as general,  drop the shrine for festus and run festus behind orghotts for spells an heals, keep the unit of 14 blightkings by Dropping the harbinger. Run them near orghotts. 

I can't find a way to summon Nurglings without dropping a unit. But then you loose the battalion 

Archived