SE 1000 list (tournament?)

Dracothjay

Hi people,

so i have been writing a 1000 point list to humor myself for future tournament play. I feel i've composed a strange list for 1000 points, but i feel its well balanced and offers a variety of offense and defense. List is as follow:

Lord Castellant

5 Judicators

5 Liberators

5 Retributors

5 Retributors

3 Prosecutors with Javelins

Hammerstrike Force formation.

1000 points dead.

So, i rush the prosecutors forward nice and close then drop the Rets. At 1000 points, the prospect of dealing with 10 Rets is nasty, but not too overpowering. 

Lord Castellant is there to buff some Armour saves where it's needed and Judicators+Prosecutors offer some ranged play.

I feel this is balanced and unusual at 1000 points. Also, keeping my Rets in the celestial realm gives me an advantage of gaining first turn as i only have 4 drops. I would make my opponent go first to draw him closer then take my turn.

Any views?

Well, that's my plan. Hang back with my lord and liberators. Send my judicators up to 24'' range to pepper units and advance my prosecutors close to the enemy lines then deep strike my retributors.

But, as my retributors will be waiting in the celestial realm i feel a Castellant isn't ideal for this line up.

but 5 judicators wont do that much damage and if but they them selves are not that hard to take down also the long you keep your dude in the sky the better it will be for some armies to take points.

Im not sure how the deep striking rule work for the storm cast but i don't think you can come down withing 9" of the enemy is that correct?

-The formation basically worth more than a unit of Liberators and at 1000 pts that count.

-As Bimly said your main problem will be to keep your Angels alive.

-Your second most important problem is that the formation is forcing you to split your hammers.

Consider the following : the Kvexilor is the same price and do mostly the same job. Among the little changes between the two of them is the fact that you can keep your hammers as one block. When you will do your alpha strike you are making almost half your army (worth of point) hit at the same time. With the hammerstrike you are forced to attack in two phases and authorise your ennemy to retaliate in between.

In low point game i am more an advocate of the Vexilor.

One of your options is to remove your Castellan to upgrade your liberators to a Judicators + a griffhound and let the knight vexilor be your general.

Your Army will consist of two shooting units (protected by the griph) and a an alphastrike team. The hero can be anywhere he wants, grabing Obj.

I have always considered the vex, but after the teleport bomb he's pretty much a useless unit.  But, I suppose he paid his weight with the teleport.

i need to read up on the gryph hound as I never use them, but what's the benefit of a gryph with judicators? 

gryph-hounds are imo better for a heacy duty shooty army. anything that pops up with 10" of them can get shot at, basically a free turn of shooting. I tend to always run 2 so to ensure any deep striking unit that tries to get my units gets a face full of shooting first.. they are soooo good for 40 points

On 05/10/2016 at 10:08 PM, Dracothjay said:

Hammerstrike force allows you to drop retributors within 6'' of the prosecutors, which can put you within 3'' of the enemy.

You can never set up.within 3'' of the enemy unless it expressly says so. Set up means you are deploying your troops so this prevents them being within 3" range. Still only need to avoid a double 1 charge though!

5 hours ago, Dracothjay said:

So enemy units have tonnes 'set up' within 10" as opposed to just marching/running into the 10" range? If so, it sounds the gryph is very situational?

Our worst counters are the pop lists. Which makes them invaluable if you want to play defensively. Other Stormcast or Stormfiends will take you to pieces without Gryph protection. They're also great at late game objective grabbing!

You can never set up.within 3'' of the enemy unless it expressly says so. Set up means you are deploying your troops so this prevents them being within 3" range. Still only need to avoid a double 1 charge though!

This is not true. You can deploy where you like subject to any express restriction.

Take a look at the Clan Skryre rules for an example which is even more clear than this one (where one part of the rule has a restriction and the other part deliberately doesn't have a restriction).

2 hours ago, Beardyface said:

Are worst counters are the pop lists. Which makes them invaluable if you want to play defensively. Other Stormcast or Stormfiends will take you to pieces without Gryph protection. They're also great at late game objective grabbing!

What I'm asking is do enemy units have to be set up within 10 of the gryph or as soon as enemy units get within 10" (regardless of how they got there) I get that benefit?

1 hour ago, Dracothjay said:

What I'm asking is do enemy units have to be set up within 10 of the gryph or as soon as enemy units get within 10" (regardless of how they got there) I get that benefit?

It's setup, not movement. So it works with teleportation and summoning but not movement or charging. 

On Friday, October 07, 2016 at 8:46 PM, rokapoke said:

It's setup, not movement. So it works with teleportation and summoning but not movement or charging. 

Yep very good against the scaven Skyre list or against storm cast deep strike list. If you play dwarfs and are going to use artillery take the hounds and you won't be worrying about deep striking units. In my dispossed army I run 2 hounds

Ok, so iv'e re-wrote a list. 

LCoD

5 Liberators

5 Liberators

4 Fulminators

3 Prosecutors with Javelins. 

LCoD will ride alongside the fulminators.

Liberators will advance as fast as possible and obj grab.

Prosecutors will also obj grab and pepper units along the way. They could also shadow the fulminators as extra support if so.

Any pointers or alterations?

To be honest SE has several competitive list in 1000s but none of yours are among them.

One option is to run pure Prosecutors with Jevelin, 8*3 Prosecutors, one Knight Venator, 10 Librators and 1 Hound (or 5 Librators and 5 Judicators) will do most games for you. Remember in 1000 you cannot have SKybor Slayer and Skryrefire, there are few nasty deep strike list available.

Another option is to run Knight Vexilor with 10 Retributors/ Decimators (depends what kinds of unit your opponents have) or even 4 Fulminators. Trust me its better than Hammerstrike Force in 1000. This list is not that reliable but can finish a game fairly fast in one critical turn.

Option three will be Realm Gate Duardian battlion in 1000 with 2 Tempestors and 1 Lord Relicator. This army can stand against most fierce range fire for 6 rounds without losing 10% of its points, and extremely tough in melee combat. Just remember let Tempestors and Relictator keep debuff on enemy's most powerful units and watch them dance.

There are a lot of units in SE that is quite OK in 1000 game, but not davastating enough. If you are playing for fun and sportmanship, I would see both your two lists can do their job. They are not over powered neither under powered. The first one with Hammer Strike will gain an auto lose once they kill the Prosecutors before you launch Retributors. Those guys with 4' move is really stupid when landed 9' away from any ranged enemy... Second one I really doubt you can stand any melee focused list like simple Khorne Bloodhounds. 

On 10/10/2016 at 4:09 PM, Aeonotakist said:

Option three will be Realm Gate Duardian battlion in 1000 with 2 Tempestors and 1 Lord Relicator. This army can stand against most fierce range fire for 6 rounds without losing 10% of its points, and extremely tough in melee combat. Just remember let Tempestors and Relictator keep debuff on enemy's most powerful units and watch them dance.

Could you clarify the Realm Gate Duardian battlion?  I am a newer player and cant find any information on it anywhere?  Is this SE formation?

14 hours ago, Votters said:

Could you clarify the Realm Gate Duardian battlion?  I am a newer player and cant find any information on it anywhere?  Is this SE formation?

Yes, I am not exactly sure how it is called in English cause I am a Chinese player. Maybe Wardern or Guadian or something like that...

But it is a battlion of 80 points 

Archived