Future Projects

I like to plan ahead the projects i want to work on and slowly gather the models i would need. Might still change this up as i go. At the moment i have these 2 projects pending.

1000p Ironjawz with a Chamon wolf theme. Using lots of metal and wolves to build this force. Kitbashing thunderwolves and beastsnagga boyz as gore gruntas. Using fenrisian wolves with 2 beastsnagga handlers as an allied squig herd. Want to get this model and add him as a warchanter.

image.png.30659b5ee8b724e186e745462b57e285.png

My second project is a recent one. A non-sigmar/Morrda alligned Lethis CoS force led by Krethusa as a raven priest. Might throw in Doomfire Warlocks/ Dark Riders. I want to use the warcry hunter and hunted warband with the dogs and add a few ravens here and there and use steelhelms to make them count as battleline. Might have to get them printed somwhere. I also really like the marshal + envoy and the big cannon. I think i would be close to a 1000 points here.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 4

Love this types of topics! 😁

My plans at moment are to complete my Kruleboys by the time the next edition of AOS comes out. I’ve got nearly 2000 points but want to have them ready for the new edition. Think we’ve got to about the summer and probably June and with my new job I’m striving for a better work/life balance. I’m also tempted to pick up Warmaster as a mate runs a tournament in May and want to get an army but I’m also really excited about TOW. Waiting until more stuff comes out but would like an army by end of the year.

• Like 3

My plans for the future mainly depend upon how big The Old World proves to be in my neck of the woods. I've got plenty of my (enormous) current project to paint up... while waiting for the longer-term popularity of this square-base game to make itself known. 

If TOW is a hit, then I'm planning on joining in the fun, either with a Warriors of Chaos army (cannibalising and re-basing some of my existing models) or a Orc & Goblin Tribe, or a Vampire Counts army. Ive got a cluster of geriatric metal Vampires, Necromancers, Wights and the like, I've been hanging on to them for ages now. It'd be lovely to finally get them used. 

If TOW doesn't catch on, then I'll look at starting a Gloomspite or Soulblight collection. A few of the aforementioned metal Undead bits could find a home here, if things swing in that direction. 

• Like 2

Well, i'm keeping me for this summer, but sooner or later I may be starting a full auxiliary tau force without actually any tau using the new kroots and auxiliary minis from Orangebluehue. Seems like I have to wait either way.

• Like 2

Apart from my current Cities force, I'm mainly planning;

• A return to my Gitz, hoping to start off with another arduous batch painting session for 20 Skull Pass Shootas (and finally figure out a custom paint scheme that's not just the basic all-black one)
  • A yellow-black Tau force I've been putting off for a long time with some Votann Demiurg auxiliaries

Not going off of points, so my goal for these is just being happy with them.

• Like 2

I have a friggin long list of stupid, crazy ideas for total conversion armies. My main problem is that i hoard the grey plastic drugs since maybe 10 years and longer and maybe i could realise all of my ideas more or less with the stuff i have at home.

My main problem is not time, but that i overwhelm myself everytime i look on my overfilled storage rack.

My ideas are:

Cathay style army , probably cities of sigmar

Byzantine, east roman lumineth realm lords

warcraft alliance army, as cities or so

and last but not least as chaos dwarf fan, my most developed concept: rightful evil industrial steam punk empire which unites the mortal followers of chaos, less demonic shenanigans and more raw industrial power, partly inspired by warcraft too, especially the forces of the black rock mountain and the black dragon flight under deathwing

• Like 3

With my life outside the hobby being busy the last couple years, I've been doing a lot of this!

I wasn't smart enough to plan things in points, just sort of got hobby balls rolling and figured I'd make an army out of it 

Got a soulblight army in the works; old plastic skeletons, Rob Hawkins style metal zombie wolves, lots of the Cursed City zombies, old metal fell bats and bat swarms, blood knights and heroes with Bretonnia helms, most the metal necromancers, plenty of black knights.

Was meant to be paired with mostly ghosts for Legion of Grief, which didn't last long. But I've got quite a few of the nighthaunt range too; they were often cheap while they were the poster antagonists! I got a few Thorns of the Briar Queen to bulk out my chainrasp units and add more poses without needing to do conversion work. Love my ghosts; got a dread blade harrow based on one of olynder's handmaidens and used the mirror banshee or whatever to make a lady knight of shrouds

I've also got a City of Sigmar out of Perry miniatures! I got stuff to make knights, riflemen, greatswords, and pistoliers and watched in horror while the Wanderers got axed before I could get any for the project. It's on hold until Cities gets a meaty second wave, then I can reassess what I'm doing with it. Still excited! Azyrites living in Ghyran to get both cosmic and nature vibes

I've also snagged the fantasy and AoS Realm of Battle board and am going to spend the next couple months texturing and painting them! I also hit some other terrain pretty hard; getting some pieces before they were discontinued, a couple fantasy grail eBay finds, and multiple copies of Warcry and Red Harvest's terrain sets while the getting was good! LOVE the Red Harvest stuff!

My current Wargame focus is Chaos Duardin; when Horns of Hashut were ~$20 I couldn't resist when I knew they'd be $65 everywhere as soon as they got a solo release. I've got some of them, combined with Iron Golems and The Unmade, some Hobgrots, and the Legion of Azgorh infantry I'd slowly been hording over the years! Got a finecast Galrauch to lead them and I've worked out some extremely cool calvary using the Exhaled Seekers as a base!

The projects are in various stages of completion, but in excited about literally all of them! Ive been terrified of the realm of battle tiles but I'm finally just pulling the trigger on it haha

• Like 1

I’ve technically got two projects running. But decided this year is dedicated  to getting my Necrarch army to a more finalised stage. But the centre piece is taking FOREVER.

Trying to make a Necrarch Army which can work in AoS and Old World. Taking visuals from the Dark Eldar Haemonculus flesh covens but relying heavily on the Lore for Unit composition. I don’t play so it’s just a display army. 

So far I have - 

W’soran on dragon

3 Flesh Golems

Krell and the Doomed Legion 

Lots of Zombies

Lots of Ghouls

A Necrofex Colossus

3 Crypt Horrors

3 Vargheists (Varghulf Experiments)

I still want to make Some of the other units from in lore, Skeletal Dogs, Spinal Cephelapod, Serpent Things and a Scorpion War Engine. And Ushoran for that old Alliance! 

IMG_6653.jpeg

IMG_6654.jpeg

IMG_6644.jpeg

IMG_6642.jpeg

• Like 4