The Eldritch Council/and friends

Ded dice

Hey everyone with the recent drop of the generals handbook, Aos has got its claws in to me and I'm starting an army blog...thing, I will hopefully have a 2000 point army done for one of the grand tournament heats at warhammer world next yr.

so why the Eldritch council I here you scream, well me and my brother picked up silver tower when it was released and we started playing that, I selected the loremaster, and off I went. I picked him as he is quite versatile in the game. So after a few games of silver tower I started thinking about an army to join him. I was looking through the handbook and saw the Eldritch Council, I have a lot of swordmasters from my time with 8th ed, and several dragons, so I have an army (all be it not amazing) ready to start work on. I'm also going to be using an air brush for parts of it for the first time. A kind of learn as I go thing, also my colour scheme is going to be a bit mental to what I usually do. Pictures soon to follow. The journey starts here! 

Edited list March 10th 2017

Aim

2000 points

Celestant Prime - Done

Anointed on frost Phoenix - Done

Battle Mage - Done

loremaster - Done

Bale wind Vortex - Done

Mistweaver Saith - Done

30 swordmasters - 30 Done

5 judicators - Done

30 skinks - Done

12th February update 

the more games I play and the more models I'm painting I'm slowly coming away from pure Eldritch council as you have all probably noticed. Plus trying to compete in matched play games too. So I've got some surprises coming up.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I suppose it is, swordmasters as battleline is quite good, the army lacks a lot obviously with so few choices but I'm not fussed.

colour scheme is going to be purple/pink armour, really out there bright if I can. I have clipped off the square bases and attached them all to rounds.

Ok so thinking of orange for plumes and cloak/clothes. For some reason I have a selection of oranges so I'm going to try them! Dark green for the weapons, and trying red gems, I'm going to be picking up some of the new gem paint to try soon. Hobby mode in full flow.

IMG_2803.JPG

Thanks very much double misfire, at that moment I'm working with good speed. I do hope I can keep it going, so I've been watching some you tube videos on airbrushing swords, the techinique with covering half with masking tape is really good, but a bit time consuming. So I'm going to try something a little simpler but will hopefully look nice. I quite like the effect it gives, having never really been able to blend with a brush very well either through lack of practice or short patience on my behalf, So check it out.

IMG_2816.JPG

2 hours ago, swiftmus said:

I love the colours, makes me think of the old GW red period models with the bright green bases (in the best possible way!).

I totally know what you mean, it was unintentional to be fair, thanks very much! Appreciate the interest

I'm quite proud of these, the banner needs something, and the bases aren't done but it's coming together ok. Just with air brush armour and weapons, then brush work on the rest. I could spend ages on them but I've still got a lot more to do, I've defenitly earned myself a character model I think!

IMG_2831.JPG

Trying to find places in my house with some light, I'm going to need a big day lamp somewhere. But I digress, here is the loremaster, I've already spotted something I've missed so will have to put that right, but I'm happy with him.IMG_2846.JPGIMG_2845.JPGIMG_2844.JPG

2 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

Looking great, love the glow effect on the swords. Any plans for how you'll do the dragons?

I'm not sure yet, I know purple will be the skin colour, don't know wether to make orange the secondary colour or the glowey green. I'm hopefully going to start one at the weekend.

Awesome, can't wait to see it.

Random thing I just remembered re: pure Eldritch Council armies: If you fill it with only archmages on dragons and drakeseers it's possible to take the Dragon Host battalion in the High Elf legacy scrolls and retain Eldritch Council allegiance. Not a bad battalion if you've got 80 points spare!

retain Eldritch Council allegiance

Good thinking - except that you would lose it because the formation itself doesn't have the right allegiance.

Is the Dragon Lord in the formation? He would break it too surely. He is in Order Draconis right?

ok I have been mulling this over, I don't like it. I don't know why, it just doesn't sit right with me, so I have re-done the dragon. I'm going to flip the colour scheme around and use the green for main solid colour with traces of purple, to keep it cohesive. What do you guys thinkIMG_2861.JPGIMG_2862.JPGIMG_2853.JPG

Archived