Multiple Bloodstoker

kozokus

Hello.

As Chaos, you do not have many option to teleport your units like a SE can.

But.

Would you think it is a viable strategy to pile up 3 bloodstocker's effect on, lets say, a big unit of skullreapers for a nice +9" charge move making an average move+ charge of 21" and chop thoses pesky orruk bows?

After all, 3 bloodstoker are only 240 points, can be divided, and fight better than a vexillor.

Kozokus.

34 minutes ago, Well of Eternity said:

You do not have option to teleport but you have Sayl the Faithless and his spell. 18" fly move and buff from one bloodstoker should be enough for 1 turn charge.

That is by far the best option but i wanted t avoid to cast a spell on a khorne unit :P

Just play with more terrain, including line of sight blocking terrain and realm gates for some teleporty goodness.  This way you'll be able to close in avoiding shooting with some of your units.

AoS is perfect for loads of terrain yet almost every picture I see of it being played, (even in White Dwarf), people are using pretty much the same amount of terrain pieces dotted around as in previous editions.  USE MORE TERRAIN!

Just play with more terrain, including line of sight blocking terrain and realm gates for some teleporty goodness.  This way you'll be able to close in avoiding shooting with some of your units.
AoS is perfect for loads of terrain yet almost every picture I see of it being played, (even in White Dwarf), people are using pretty much the same amount of terrain pieces dotted around as in previous editions.  USE MORE TERRAIN!

Couldn't agree more. It's a skirmish game! It's much more fun with lots of terrain. I'm biased though I have Sayl and a Deciever so it works well for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it would be possible but you still can only Charge if you are within 12" of an enemey.

This is still an open question, since you could argue that it's implicit that the declaration range (which has literally no practical point in the game) also increases. I'm surprised that no-one has asked for it to be FAQed, or maybe I missed it.

49 minutes ago, Nico said:

... it's implicit that the declaration range ... also increases.

I see what you mean but i think the declaration range doesn't implicitly increase and wasn't faq'ed for a good reason : to avoid such manipulation.

I can't think of a lot of stackable +X movement/charge in the game (i don't count sayl) but it is very GWesque to put a limlitation on the movement.

I can't think of a lot of stackable +X movement/charge in the game (i don't count sayl) but it is very GWesque to put a limlitation on the movement.

Maybe - there are a fair few units with +2 to charge and the like. Just seems very odd to me. Thwarting this handful of buffs seems to be the sole effect of the game in having a declaration distance except as a statement of the obvious - you cannot charge if you cannot roll the distance. 

Archived