AoS 3.0 - Gloomspite GItz Discussion

Nezzhil

On 12/28/2023 at 7:41 PM, Lord Krungharr said:

Ooh, I see Ionus Cryptborn in there!  Did he give you troubles at all?

Not at all, actually. Ionus tried to make an impact but the squigs ate most of his unit’s before Ionus could make a difference. Do not underestimate the impact of Grinkrat’s strike on death. It literally won me the game. Squig herds are a vicious opponent to face when backed up by Grinkrat. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/29/2023 at 9:00 PM, Scythian said:

Not at all, actually. Ionus tried to make an impact but the squigs ate most of his unit’s before Ionus could make a difference. Do not underestimate the impact of Grinkrat’s strike on death. It literally won me the game. Squig herds are a vicious opponent to face when backed up by Grinkrat. 

Played a Nighthaunt army yesterday with a club buddy. Squigs took it by turn 3. I have a rematch against Stormcast with Ionus today. Those lightning zombies want to deep fry my tater tots. I’ll send pics later today. 

On 12/31/2023 at 5:00 AM, Scythian said:

Played a Nighthaunt army yesterday with a club buddy. Squigs took it by turn 3. I have a rematch against Stormcast with Ionus today. Those lightning zombies want to deep fry my tater tots. I’ll send pics later today. 

Da Shroom King is ready to lead his squig minions into battle. Skragrott likes to be the power behind the throne. 

IMG_5116.jpeg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/23/2023 at 6:41 PM, Fellman said:

This article makes Glareface Frazzlegitz a thing in AoS . We can tell that gobbapalooza represent all goblin tribes that gloomspite gitz will have ?  Then we can expect more frazzlegitz to expand snarlfang and scaremonger ? 

moonclan

IMG_6941.jpeg.c779ebea90989475b3c645e63daaba61.jpeg

spiderfang

IMG_6939.jpeg.cf0ef740481c954e292bde9c4b3dec14.jpeg

Gitmob (frazzlegitz)

IMG_6944.jpeg.3bb9068469977cdc22b9b2ac90b37004.jpeg

Edited by Grunbag
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Grunbag said:

This article makes Glareface Frazzlegitz a thing in AoS . We can tell that gobbapalooza represent all goblin tribes that gloomspite gitz will have ?  Then we can expect more frazzlegitz to expand snarlfang and scaremonger ? 

moonclan

IMG_6941.jpeg.c779ebea90989475b3c645e63daaba61.jpeg

spiderfang

IMG_6939.jpeg.cf0ef740481c954e292bde9c4b3dec14.jpeg

Gitmob (frazzlegitz)

IMG_6944.jpeg.3bb9068469977cdc22b9b2ac90b37004.jpeg

I can see some of the references but i dont really think that is what happened here. I think these are some early AoS concepts for Gloomspite that got thrown together into this group of great minis. Maybe for a lack of units to go along with them or just random hero designs. The Snarlfang Riders and also Rippas warband kept the classic Gitmob design, so i dont think we are getting moonclan version of those in the future. And i hope the Spiderfang also get to keep their own theme in the future (if they dont get squatted), maybe delve deeper into the venom trading aspect.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

I can see some of the references but i dont really think that is what happened here. I think these are some early AoS concepts for Gloomspite that got thrown together into this group of great minis. Maybe for a lack of units to go along with them or just random hero designs. The Snarlfang Riders and also Rippas warband kept the classic Gitmob design, so i dont think we are getting moonclan version of those in the future. And i hope the Spiderfang also get to keep their own theme in the future (if they dont get squatted), maybe delve deeper into the venom trading aspect.

In the article they says gitmob wear glareface frazzlegitz shield , like scaremonger mask . So i guess the gitmob range will be frazzlegitz .
« The new box also lets you swap heads, wolf-tail helmet tassels, and Glareface Frazzlegit-inspired shields freely between riders »

Spiderfang seems to have artwork from Blanche , and the gobbapalooza spiker is from those artwork style. 

Edited by Grunbag

34 minutes ago, Grunbag said:

In the article they says gitmob wear glareface frazzlegitz shield , like scaremonger mask . So i guess the gitmob range will be frazzlegitz .
« The new box also lets you swap heads, wolf-tail helmet tassels, and Glareface Frazzlegit-inspired shields freely between riders »

Spiderfang seems to have artwork from Blanche , and the gobbapalooza spiker is from those artwork style. 

Those shields have always been used to represent the evil sun and they renamed it glareface frazzlegit. Its the gobbapalooza that refers to the old times not the other way around imho. It has just been more commonly used with 40k orks. I feel like GW is planning something similar for AoS with the frazzlegitz.

image.png.16c887807c7668b5a3b922ef4e470103.png

Edited by Gitzdee

1 hour ago, Gitzdee said:

Those shields have always been used to represent the evil sun and they renamed it glareface frazzlegit. Its the gobbapalooza that refers to the old times not the other way around imho. It has just been more commonly used with 40k orks. I feel like GW is planning something similar for AoS with the frazzlegitz.

image.png.16c887807c7668b5a3b922ef4e470103.png

Yes , I think GG will have a new subfaction  later with frazzlegitz . It will be a big faction : moonclan gitz , squig , troggoth , spiderfang and frazzlegitz . 

• Like 1

On 2/4/2024 at 1:41 AM, Gitzdee said:

That are a lot of Rockguts, looks great. Which models performed well for u? And which under performed?

The Rockguts were just tanks along with the Troggboss. The sporesplattas were probably the least impressive unit. The grots were phenomenal with their nets ability and just wouldn’t die. He obviously had more fast moving units which forced me to guard my objectives. I had the game in turn 4 but he rolled his backside off with some ward saves against my bosses’ attacks. Just bad luck, but we still had fun. 

• Thanks 1

I was wondering what would compliment the Snarlfang Riders best in this 1000 point list. Need to figure out what battleline to choose. Chose the Madcap because it can at least target the Snarlfangs.

LEADERS

Madcap Shaman (70)

- General

OTHER

Snarlfang Riders (120)

Snarlfang Riders (120)

Rippa's Snarlfangs (110)

TOTAL POINTS: 420/1000

Got 2 options, any thoughts?

(I could add the burning head, its the only endless spell i own)

This one looks solid with the Troggoths.

LEADERS
Madcap Shaman (70)
Dankhold Troggboss (210)
     - General
BATTLELINE
Fellwater Troggoths (170)
Fellwater Troggoths (170)
OTHER
Snarlfang Riders (120)
Snarlfang Riders (120)
Rippa's Snarlfangs (110)
TOTAL POINTS: 970/1000

This is the second option. The Rabble Rowza and Mollog could reliably put mortal wounds on a target for the Snarlfangs rend. Dont really know what to do with the leftover points though. 

LEADERS
Madcap Shaman (70)
Rabble-Rowza (100)
     - General
Mollog (130)
BATTLELINE
Squig Herd (140)
Squig Herd (140)
OTHER
Snarlfang Riders (120)
Snarlfang Riders (120)
Rippa's Snarlfangs (110)
TOTAL POINTS: 930/1000

Edited by Gitzdee

Got another list with some of the point drops.

LEADERS
Scuttleboss on Gigantic Spider (130)
     - General
Webspinner Shaman on Arachnarok Spider (240)
Webspinner Shaman (70)
BATTLELINE
Arachnarok Spider with Spiderfang Warparty (200)
Spider Riders (90)
Spider Riders (90)
Spider Riders (90)
Spider Riders (90)
TOTAL POINTS: 1000/1000

I could lose the Shaman on foot or a unit of Spider Riders and upgrade the Aracharok with Warparty to an Arachnarok with Flinger for utility. But i think the counts as 10 from the Warparty could be a better addition in smaller points.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm playing in a 1K tournie in a few weeks...I really really hope we see some Spiderfang on the tables!  (using my Ogors).  Last year I only saw Squigs, and more Squigs, and that was not nearly as fun.  At least not for the opponents of the Squigs.

3 minutes ago, Lord Krungharr said:

I'm playing in a 1K tournie in a few weeks...I really really hope we see some Spiderfang on the tables!  (using my Ogors).  Last year I only saw Squigs, and more Squigs, and that was not nearly as fun.  At least not for the opponents of the Squigs.

Please let me know if u encounter any fun Destruction lists ^^. What Ogor list are u using?

• 1 month later...
On 3/2/2024 at 4:02 PM, Gitzdee said:

Please let me know if u encounter any fun Destruction lists ^^. What Ogor list are u using?

I went 4-0 and got Best Overall!  I had Boulderhead/FLOSH w Nullstone Icon and Rockmane Elder/Icebrow General w Pulverizing Hailstorm/2x2 Frost Sabres/Thundertusk Riders w Vulture.  

I fought an Ironjawz w Mawkrusha and 3x2 GoreGruntas Bloodtoofs.  Then did see a Gitz army w Two Aroks and Spider Riders and probably some other little guys, and a nice Trogg army too. 

I just bought a gigantic Gitz army, definitely eager to do a big Swamp Troll Horde for TOW (Troll Hag on the way from the UK) but will base them for alternate use in AOS too.  Bunches of Mangler Squigs also seem highly doable in 4th edition coming up?!?  That would be pretty fun.

• Like 2