Help an 8ed player finish his first list of Slaves to darkness/ Khorne allies!

Broken Netcode

Hi all. I am making a new army for a tournament coming up and its very WAAC. I really love slaves to darkness so I can continue playing 8ed aswell as AoS (Dwarfs and Empire just dont cut it anymore haha). I made a list so far and would love some help with replacing units, strategies or changing of marks. Its as follows:

Leaders

Bloodsecrator (120)

Lord Of Chaos (100)

Units

Chaos Knights x 5 (200) - Glaives

Chaos Warriors x 10 (180) - Hand Weapon & Shield (Battleline)

Chaos Warriors x 10 (180) - Hand Weapon & Shield (Battleline)

Chaos Warshrine x 1 (200)

Chaos Chosen x 10 (320)

Fleshhounds x 5 (100)

Total: 1400/1500

Any ideas on what to add? The chosen are kind of a delete button as they have managed to pretty much wipe most units off the board in a turn or two. Lord of Chaos is also a must take for me as the army if based around him being the 25th anniversary Harry the Hammer model, aswell as his rules being pretty good. Any help is more than welcome to get me to WAAC level for this tournament!

Thanks!

11 hours ago, Khornes_Berzerker said:

How attached to the lord of chaos are you?  I'd prefer a lord on manticore also consider soul grinders and gored east chariots. I'm also not a very big fan of flesh hounds sure it's a lot of attacks and the +1 to unbind is nice I just feel there are better options.

Im very attached. He was my first fantasy mini and ive loved him ever since. I will probably buy a manticore someday for playing higher points costs. Should I replace the flesh hounds with warhounds for some chaff and objective stealing?

3 hours ago, Wolden Spoons said:

Too many questions to answer.

How many points are you playing? What do you expect to play against? What else do you have available? Will it be scenarios rather than normal pitched battle?

Im playing 1500 with the 1000 point army comp. I expect Sylvaneth (with alarielle), Seraphon, Flesh eater courts and Bonesplittaz. I have just the list I wrote and will buy anything that would improve the list. Its just straight up murder everything which I feel is a little unfair when Alarielle is being used at this point level.

1 hour ago, Arkiham said:

Grab a unit of wrathmongers. Send them into her.

Good chance she will kill herself 

I can deal with her easily with the chosen. Plus to me I dont like the whole plate dungarees thing going on with them so ill pass even though they have nice rules. 

Is there anything I can add in the way of shooting? I have no idea how good shooting is in this game so should I pass on it or take something like a hellcannon?

3 hours ago, Wolden Spoons said:

Skullcannon is good, adds something different. You aren't Bloodbound so you do have more options open to you. Sadly framers are too expensive these days as they can make a mess of things. Or with that many foot troops possibly a Warshrine will work well.

Is having 2 warshrines worth it though? Sure there will be a double protection bubble but the unit I mainly want to give the buff to is the chosen.

Archived