All my Nurgle WIP. The pestilent truth

TheUnknownPainter

Got a little further with the drones. Experimented on this guys she'll and began batching the other two. Tried to emulate the iridescence seen on stag beetles and the like. Definitely one of those things you do that need to be seen irl to be appreciated. Plus my photography blows. Also got the Blight kings and The Glottkin all built up. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

31 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

The drone in the last pic looks suitably gross amazing. Can't wait to see any army done to this standard, especially the Glotkin.

How are you planning on doing your bases? :)

They will be snow and rocks to keep things simple. It's also easy to add a little interest to them with blood and ichor. This is my finished Plague Lord as an example. 

image.jpg

On ‎29‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 1:12 AM, brian.mapp.50 said:

These look great. Mind discussing what you did for the iridescent look on the shell?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Sure thing.  I first based the shell black then gently airbrushed highlights using Life Colour Vulcanised rubber. Then some quick edging with a light grey.  Next stage was a light coat with a gloss varnish with the airbrush again.

I then mixed my two colours one was a mix of purple ink and a small brush tip of metallic medium. the other was the same but with green ink. I laid the green mix down on shell edges and the highest areas and then another coat of gloss over that. Then the purple mix in the more recessed areas, followed by another gloss coat. If you feel you have gone overboard then I used Tamiya smoke in thin layers to bring it back down again via the airbrush. gloss coat again and that should do it. I googled how they coloured cars with iridescent paint jobs and kind of muddled through from that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Archived