Competitive Soulblight now?

Frowny

Hey everyone, 

How are you all finding soulblight now? They seem to do great in a save stacking meta, which maybe still exists, and if desired can avoid the problem of bounty hunters if desired with blood knights or wolves for battleline while having several units to benefit themselves. They can even have a pretty good casting game with the rerolls, and maybe an incarnate, although the lore is pretty bad.

On the other hand they don't do any one thing super well. I seldom see them written up. Maybe just not that popular from a modelling perspective.

11 hours ago, Frowny said:

Hey everyone, 

How are you all finding soulblight now? They seem to do great in a save stacking meta, which maybe still exists, and if desired can avoid the problem of bounty hunters if desired with blood knights or wolves for battleline while having several units to benefit themselves. They can even have a pretty good casting game with the rerolls, and maybe an incarnate, although the lore is pretty bad.

On the other hand they don't do any one thing super well. I seldom see them written up. Maybe just not that popular from a modelling perspective.

Wolfs are galletian, so... I think is better blood knights and squeletons as screens, if the enemy want to waste a bounty hunter unit in our cheapest unit.... go ahead, haha.

On 9/18/2022 at 9:19 PM, Frowny said:

How are you all finding soulblight now? They seem to do great in a save stacking meta,

Just watched some „northern invasion“ on YT, they play pretty meta and he brought a Manni + Neffi + palanquin + necro with skellis, vargheist (bounty) and black knights… purple sun list 🤔 new PSun won‘t eat Skarbrand and a boomthirster, but 🤷🏿‍♀️ D6+6 hurts

in hindsight, my Nagash list (2wolves,skellis, necro and 20gg) stole a very good draw against a pretty meta IJawz list (cabbage with dmg-axe, boss, 2 cheerleader, 2x5 riders, 10+5 brutes, 20+10boyz iirc) with a spell portal, I would have won 

And the classic venga lord+ knights is a tough brick to chew. Throw in the coven throne (ca for extra save) or Mannfred (for 2+\2+) and the knights will do you proud 

almost forgot Neffi… if your knights are at „ - 1 save“ (Venga, Coven, Shield, Defense) and 2+\2+ (coven) Neffi might just throw in a -1 to hit aura 🤔 the ignore rend spell might then be wasted on the knights 🤣

Edited by Honk
Forgot Neffi 😱☠️😱