Walk the hidden path sylvaneth

Tizianolol

Question

Guys i ha e a question about a particular situation that happened in a game with my friend. I had 6 Kurnos hunters with biws within 3"of my opponent unit. Using " walk the hidden path" battletrait ( i was within 9 of a wildwood) i teleported my KH away in an overgrown terrein. My hunters got big range , but can they shoot after that particular movent or they count as retreat? Do ypu know where I can find the rule? Thx a lot for the help!That thing caused so many discussions:) 

8 answers to this question

Walk rulling say it happen at the end of your movement phase and don't substitute your normal movement in that phase (if it did it would say "instead of making a normal move/retreat"). So, as long as you didn't run/retreat, you should be able to shoot with them after it.

In the situation you described looks like you didn't move them at all, so you should be able to shoot with them after the teleport.

• Like 1

I would agree that Arzalyn is correct, it is a set up rather than a move and therefore isn't a retreat. There are a number of other units for which this is the same. As long as it doesn't specify that it counts as your movement and doesn't specifically say that you cannot shoot/charge etc after doing it, then I would say you are still free to do those things.

• Like 2

Guys thx again, is it the same with durthu and treelords in general? They said in their warscroll " instead of making a move. Im speaking about their warscroll teleport ability, we can teleport treelord ancient away from combat and shooting/charging again? 😀

Ok so @Arzalyninterpretation is correct right?

Basically our battletrait should be ok" it happens at the end of the movement but maybe treelord ancient/durthu and normal treelord cant use their ability , go away and still shoot or charge bacause that happen at the start of move phase. Are you saying that?:)

Edited by Tizianolol

Wait that thing is confusing me:) .

As you said sylvaneth battle trait is at the end of movemnt so they can go away when in combat and still shoot and charge.

Treelord says " instead of movement " and it happen at the start of movement phase. But it says : "set up more then 9" from enemy"

What happen in this case? Is still loke KO fly hight?

5 hours ago, Tizianolol said:

Wait that thing is confusing me:) .

As you said sylvaneth battle trait is at the end of movemnt so they can go away when in combat and still shoot and charge.

Treelord says " instead of movement " and it happen at the start of movement phase. But it says : "set up more then 9" from enemy"

What happen in this case? Is still loke KO fly hight?

Only GW knows.
In 2.0, it was clear (with even a FAQ) that "Instead of normal move" was something completely diferent than a normal move (or a retreat, in this case), but 3.0 started with a new FAQs that changed some of thsi abilities. 

I suggest to talk to your opponent/TO before the game and make it clear how are you going to uset his abilities

• Like 1

On 7/7/2022 at 3:49 PM, WAAAGHdogg15 said:

I would agree that Arzalyn is correct, it is a set up rather than a move and therefore isn't a retreat. There are a number of other units for which this is the same. As long as it doesn't specify that it counts as your movement and doesn't specifically say that you cannot shoot/charge etc after doing it, then I would say you are still free to do those things.

There is a KO FAQ that says something diferent:

Q: If I use the Fly High ability to disengage with a unit, can that unit still shoot or charge later in the same turn?
A: It can still shoot as per the Disengage ability but it cannot charge.

Take in mind that a Fly High is a set-up ability with the option to make a disengage:

Instead of making a normal move or retreat with this model, you can say that it will fly high (it can disengage).

And a Disengage is a buff to our Retreat moves:

This model and any models in its garrison can still shoot if this model retreats in the same turn

Conclusion: Kharadron Ships can Fly High out even if they start near 3" of the enemy and still shoot later because we have a rule that allows that (disengage).

Imho, a set-up that has "instead of a normal move or retreat" in it's description follows the same restrictions of a normal move or retreat unless the ability says another thing (e.g: Set-up 9" away from enemies). They missed this in the las KO FAQ, let's hope to see this in a new one, maybe in a year...

Btw, that has nothing to do with Walk the Hidden Path because it happens at the end of the movement phase and it's not "instead of...".

Edited by Beliman