Slaughterbrute

BloodBeast

I've recently been struck with some big beastie envy as my partner has been painting up a Troglodon for her Seraphon. Ive been thinking of adding a Slaughterbrute to my Khorne Bloodbound to scratch this itch. 

It certainly ticks the boxes for a painting project and imposing model on the table but I'm wondering if anyone has any feedback on using it in game.

Having to tie it to a "Slaves to Darkness" character is a bit of a bummer, but I can 'mark' the characters anyway so I'm not bothered by that.

Questions are:

- is the SB worth it on the table in terms of damage output and survivability?

- optimal characters to chain him to? I'm thinking a Lord of Chaos for a bit of combat punch and for the super rare "I choose you" moment of him hulking out into a Daemon Prince.

My current "centrepiece" model is a Khorne Warshrine, is the SB a worthy substitute for some games?

23 minutes ago, KhaosZand3r said:

Unless I missed something, Chaos Lords no longer get exalted to Daemonhood outside of Path to Glory campaigns. There isn't any mention of that on the Lord of Chaos Warscroll

Glory Or Damnation rule - slay the enemy general, become a DP.

image.png

6 hours ago, Warchief Varard said:

Take a khorne marked soul grinder, but use the slaughterbrute model its what i do.

it gets you a really good behemoth that can get some of our juicy khorne buffs with one of the best models chaos has received in a while.

That's quite a cool idea actually.  Was only discussing last night that the soul grinder is great in game but an awful model.

Archived