Your favorite unorthodox list ideas?

I feel like there should be a standing rule that spamming MWs doesn't count. We all know spamming MWs is strong. It has been the one consistent staple of AoS tourney meta since it started. Doing an eccentric version of THE most reliably meta thing may fit the letter of the thread but I feel like it isn't in the spirit of it.

Just my opinion on something very subjective though.

On 6/8/2022 at 1:58 PM, Skreech Verminking said:

26 rattling guns, Was a list I would actually like to play at some point at 2000points.

now it is not that I don’t own the model (got like 13 converted up pretty nicely, and still have another 13 bodies left for more) but rather the current list is  5points over the 2000 limit.

sadly with the new book, I can’t really say if this is going to be a possible list in the near future.

but should it be, I can assure you guys that I will go all out on the rattling gun weapon teams.

after all the first 13 of them were a joy to convert.

CD7A0270-949F-47AA-B7A3-75AC8956B11C.jpeg

8548BEC8-7831-40A6-86D7-597E48520F8C.jpeg

8246E1D7-1CDF-454E-80A4-8FC9B7547F9D.jpeg

DC54C104-C896-4AB5-A6A2-224A7FB104FB.jpeg

F8CC1C4E-B2F5-4CC6-8048-F27907EEB8AD.jpeg

Two units of 60 Clanrats each with 6 hidden ratling guns and a warp-grinder, arch-warlock & 10 stormvermin bodyguard, itself with a hidden ratling gun. Hidden weapon teams don't take up a deployment drop so this can all fit into a battle regiment, ensuring second turn. Looking at about 100-150 shots with a 43% chance of double turning and adding 100+ more.

Far from overpowered enough to compete with tournament fare but certainly viable.

9 hours ago, NinthMusketeer said:

Two units of 60 Clanrats each with 6 hidden ratling guns and a warp-grinder, arch-warlock & 10 stormvermin bodyguard, itself with a hidden ratling gun. Hidden weapon teams don't take up a deployment drop so this can all fit into a battle regiment, ensuring second turn. Looking at about 100-150 shots with a 43% chance of double turning and adding 100+ more.

Far from overpowered enough to compete with tournament fare but certainly viable.

Well I like the list.

just as a reminder.

you are probably going to loose 10-11 of your rattling guns the first time you shoot

9 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Well I like the list.

just as a reminder.

you are probably going to loose 10-11 of your rattling guns the first time you shoot

Those numbers are assuming no overcharge, it isn't something you want to do with ratling guns straight off. ~50% increase in shots isn't worth a 2/3 chance of death unless they are about to die anyways.

12 minutes ago, NinthMusketeer said:

Those numbers are assuming no overcharge, it isn't something you want to do with ratling guns straight off. ~50% increase in shots isn't worth a 2/3 chance of death unless they are about to die anyways.

You do not overcharge😳☹️😦😧😵!

what kind of skaven players doesn’t use the overcharge button!!🤮

• Haha 1

Technically, with a certain reading of the rules, they'll never explode anyway. If you look at the core rules for explaining a double, it specifically mentions a 2D6 roll where the results are the same, so a 4D6 roll ISN'T a 2D6 roll so you can't get a double! I'd never play it this was as the intent is rather clear, but if you read the rules literally...... overcharge away! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, zombiepiratexxx said:

Technically, with a certain reading of the rules, they'll never explode anyway. If you look at the core rules for explaining a double, it specifically mentions a 2D6 roll where the results are the same, so a 4D6 roll ISN'T a 2D6 roll so you can't get a double! I'd never play it this was as the intent is rather clear, but if you read the rules literally...... overcharge away! 

Yeah I’ve noticed it today as well.

had that conversation with a friend.

and the thought is just hilarious.

we get a poorly written book and in addition a poorer faq.

And thanks to that we now have rattling gun weapon teams always shooting in a overcharged state thanks to gw not doing their faqs correctly

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Yeah I’ve noticed it today as well.

had that conversation with a friend.

and the thought is just hilarious.

we get a poorly written book and in addition a poorer faq.

And thanks to that we now have rattling gun weapon teams always shooting in a overcharged state thanks to gw not doing their faqs correctly

I was part of that Discord discussion. I'm Brood-mother Whiptail. 

• 2 weeks later...

Technically if a model is beneath a platform no other model could move on the platform above it because that would be moving over a other model. For that matter, when moving across terrain technically the measurement must be made to include every minute variation; cracked stone? Measure in and out of the cracks. Leaf litter? Measure up and down every one of those leaves.

For that matter there is no formal definition of what "on" means in a rules context which creates all sorts of fun weirdness. One could interpret the rules as allowing units to move straight up and hover midair!

Edited by NinthMusketeer