Skullgrinders and the Altar of Skulls

Ollie Grimwood

You read that right. If you make 60 attacks with Blood Blessed Blood Reavers and 40 hit, you get 80 wound rolls. 

As stated above, it's not something you want to count on but its awesome if it works.

I'd have a Bloodstoker or Chaos Hounds on standby if you're playing casually and see your opponent isnt going to put many Heroes or Monsters on the board.

I can't see this guy ever providing worth over something like say the exhalted deathbringer, the chances of killing a hero or monster with him are really slim. 

I'd take the deathbringer any day over this guy

He hits way harder.

That 3 damage is amazing and he benefits from attack buffs more than anyone.

When he gets to say 5 attacks(banner, runesword item, Wrathmonger) that is 15 damage he can put out. And hitting on 3 wounding on two is amazing.

His 2 inch range means he can do it from behind the front line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, TrexPushups said:

He hits way harder.

That 3 damage is amazing and he benefits from attack buffs more than anyone.

When he gets to say 5 attacks(banner, runesword item, Wrathmonger) that is 15 damage he can put out. And hitting on 3 wounding on two is amazing.

His 2 inch range means he can do it from behind the front line.

Agreed.

The only reason i think he sees little play is we have other great choices.

That's an excellent use of the rune blade artifact 

I was really impressed with how hard a Lord-Castellant can hit with -1 rend 2 dam and three attacks (well against my Characters anyway). With this combo the Skullgrinder is even more hard hitting. I've also been at bit of a loss how to best use my artifact choices. 

Okay, I concede,  paint me convinced lol.

I'll give him a run. making a khorne list while at work for fun so I'll post it later 

I'll probably run him along side the aspiring deathbringer whose the general, with the +1 to hit command Trait. Put some wrathmongers  near by also, 2 banners. Slot him just behind some blood warriors and that should give him like 7 attacks on a 2+2+-1 3 damage. Including item. Part of the bloodmarked warband also, so good chance of 8+ attacks.

Not a bad list I think. The blood warriors gain double bonuses from the wrathmongers an bloodsecrators, so they'll be doing 4 attacks, with unit champion 5  both when they attack and die. So that's 8/10.

The unit in front of the Aspiring deathbringer will be doing 10/12. And if a hero kills a model this should go to 12/14. 

If somehow the skullgrinder kills a hero or monster the unit he is with will explode with to wound rolls, and he'll be doing 6+ attacks.

14742072469701958323406.jpg

Agreed, I've run the skullgrinder in my list since I started playing and he's a beast before buffs, I try and run him alongside my Wrathmongers as they're a little bit nasty when blood-blessed (in fairness most units are).  Also as mentioned, don't forget the chaos trait - +1 to hit means you'll be getting that extra dice on a 3+ ;)

Archived