Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
cetiken

Matched Play - Glory or Damnation

Question

Am I correct in thinking that a Chaos Lord does not need to have matched play points set aside for his 'Final Form' when Glory or Damnation triggers, as the second model isn't 'summoned'?

4 answers to this question

I'd say the opposite. Don't have the book on me but I'm pretty sure you pay for models put on the table for any reason, not just summoning. You don't have to specify what your reinforcement points are for though so, if he doesn't transform into a daemon prince, the points can just go elsewhere.

It's a bit of a weird one (as is stuff like Flamespyre Phoenixes and Vlad von Carstein resurrecting), and will probably need to wait for an faq, but common sense would argue that a Chaos Lord can do this and the spawn/DP is included in his points value.

I have to agree with hobgoblinclub. I don't see how you can put a new warscroll on the table without it being covered by the reinforcement rules. I think the fact that it's a new warscroll distinguishes it from abilities like the ring of immortality or Tyrion's resurrection thing. 

However I really hope that they FAQ it so that instances where a model is transformed into another kind of model are an exception. It's such a cool fluffy rule and I'd love to see it happen in a matched play game. As the current rules stand I don't think anyone will bother setting aside the points.

I think "triggered" effects that dont add units, use points.

Imo its not a new unit. The unit that was already on the table just transforms into something else.

Its a replacement effect, not a "add a unit" effect.

Just my opinion, tho.

Id be cool playing with an opponent not paying points for it.

Edited by Sadysaneto