What would you like to see added to the app

Enoby

The app's been out for a good few months, and while it has been kept updated with new warscrolls and FAQs, and the addition of 2e allegiance abilities is nice, it seems to have relatively basic amount of functionality. 

I thought it'd be interesting to go over the parts of the app that could do with some tweaks, changes, or additions.

Matched Play

For Matched Play, the core is there - points are available, and the list builder fully works with matched play.

What they could add is a game tracker, where you can enter the battleplan and track victory points turn. This would allow you to check the battleplan rules quickly and make it easier to keep track of points and what battle tactics you've used. If you could import your list from the listbuilder, you could track casualties and wounds too. 

Potentially, if they felt ambitious, they'd allow functionality to track army specific things like the various summoning points. 

In addition to this, a scenery generator would be useful. 

Open Play

Open Play is a bit odd in that it's sort of the "anything goes" style of AoS, and so you would think it wouldn't need much support from the app.

I would argue this is untrue. In addition to the battle tracker (for open play games) and a collection of open play rules, a very useful function of the app would be a quick open battleplan randomiser. These wouldn't always be balanced, but would provide unique games with potentially interesting twists to them. 

I think one of the reasons Matched Play is a dominant force is because it's the easiest to set up. Saying "just bring 2k" is universally understood by players, whereas Open and especially Narrative require more effort to start. Having an Open Play generated, perhaps with a suggested army split, would take some of the barrier away.

Narrative Play

This is the big one, in my opinion - and perhaps the game mode that could see the most use of the app. I'll break this into points:

- As above, a narrative game generator and tracker. A way to record game results would be especially nice here.

- An army roster, especially to write down glory points and for these to be automatically deducted when taking a new unit into the roster. Path to Glory is a mathematical system - everything revolves around numbers, including the territory and boons. Everything can be automated digitally. This would be a huge boon to campaigns, allowing people to properly track their roster rather than forgetting to add things or losing their sheet. Being able to name heroes, units, territories etc would be a given.

- A Anvil of Apotheosis creator. For those who play table top roleplaying games, you may well have a digital character creator downloaded on your phone. These are very useful to keep track of stats, as well as plan out what you're going to do. This rings true for Anvil of Apotheosis - the ability to create and save a hero from the ground up and then add them to your lists (complete with your own photo) would be a massive boost to the system. AoA in the past have required someone to find a warscroll creator and type it in manually, with the possibility of mistakes which require further editing. Either saving these or printing them off can leave them prone to being lost. With everything in the app (with the ability to print), this would increase the accessibility and longevity of the system.

- A campaign tracker. Like a game tracker, but with a clear goal in mind and a way to track multiple players. 

---

Each of these, while they would take a while to add, would boost the qualify of the app considerably and bring it above Warscroll Builder or Battlescribe. 

I think that's it for my list - what do others think?

• Like 5

Big agree to the Open Play ideas!

open play “battalion” generator(random warband/force based on the core battalion archetypes), battleplan maker and a quick collection of past Open Play scenarios like the 2020 Aether Wars for flying armies(or those that get free access to the Arcane Tome flight spells) would be fantastic at encouraging some fun beer-and-pretzel matches with quick put together things like that. :) 

• Like 2

Honestly... If I'm paying a subscription model for the app, I would at least expect to have access to all the rules of the game at all times. 

If you want to play any form of competitive game (this needn't mean hardcore... Just a competitive game), the player should be informed about both the abilities of his own army and be generally knowledgeable about his opponents armies. I absolutely hate playing "gotcha hammer" (both when I 100% catch an opponent off-guard due to him not knowing my armies rules and vice versa).  

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Elmir said:

Honestly... If I'm paying a subscription model for the app, I would at least expect to have access to all the rules of the game at all times. 

If you want to play any form of competitive game (this needn't mean hardcore... Just a competitive game), the player should be informed about both the abilities of his own army and be generally knowledgeable about his opponents armies. I absolutely hate playing "gotcha hammer" (both when I 100% catch an opponent off-guard due to him not knowing my armies rules and vice versa).  

It would help with the rampant cheating too.