How many Blood Warriors at 1 & 2k?

Avindskjold

So the core of my Bloodbound collection is pretty much just the starter set, with some additional characters. That means I have 5 Blood Warriors with gorefists. I plan to run a minimum of 20 in a given list, and so either that means buying two boxes, or one plus the Start Collecting! box. 

By the end, I'll have 25. Now, I'm wondering how best to squeeze them all into a list - two units of 15 and 10, or three units of 10, 10 and 5? Alternatively, there's the fluffy choice of 8, 8, 8 and leaving one at home.

I don't really see myself using Bloodreavers, so my battleline will likely be either solely warriors or them plus a unit of Bloodletters.

I know double axes is probably the more reliable choice, but because the starter warriors have gorefists, I need to know how many more to make if I want to use them all.

Blood Warriors are my favourite unit in the game so I've been having the same thoughts.  At the moment I have 15 (the 5 from the starter and 10 from start collecting).  I realise 20 would be the more optimal number as you can get the second goreglaive, but don't want to be buying another 10 just to use 5.

Have given them all gorefists, and while the proc is not high, I love the way they play.  Have been looking into ways to buff the save to increase the chance of the goreglaives going off.  So far, a hero that seems to be a good fit (gameplay wise at least) is the Chaos Sorcerer Lord.  Has a passive ability to grant a nearby unit rerolls of 1s on saves and can also cast mystic shield. His signature spell could instead grant a unit the rerolls of 1s on not only saves, but hits and wounds too which would not go astray.  

I want to buff my warriors more, so any other ideas (other than the usual bloodsecrator/aspiring deathbringer)? In particular their save, not only for gorefists, but to help survivability to ensure they make it into combat before they start dying.

I intend to make up enough so that I can run 2 full units for each 1000 points (that way I can pick and choose depending on what I fancy).  The spare 5 models I'm going to use for adding onto things like chariots so that everything has a Bloodbound feel to it.  I'm also a fan of Gorefists - although will at some point make up a unit with double axes for variety.

Buff wise you can't go far wrong with Wrathmongers.  Personally I'm not a fan of having any type of sorcerer in the army as it doesn't feel right when fielding a Khorne army - plus if they're within 18" of a planted Bloodsecrator banner they need to re-roll all successful casts.  That said I do think a contingent of Chaos Dwarves can work if you really want some magic and ranged firepower.

I intend to make up enough so that I can run 2 full units for each 1000 points (that way I can pick and choose depending on what I fancy).  The spare 5 models I'm going to use for adding onto things like chariots so that everything has a Bloodbound feel to it.  I'm also a fan of Gorefists - although will at some point make up a unit with double axes for variety.

Buff wise you can't go far wrong with Wrathmongers.  Personally I'm not a fan of having any type of sorcerer in the army as it doesn't feel right when fielding a Khorne army - plus if they're within 18" of a planted Bloodsecrator banner they need to re-roll all successful casts.  That said I do think a contingent of Chaos Dwarves can work if you really want some magic and ranged firepower.

Nah your sorcerers never need to worry about it.

The banner de plants at start of your hero phase and you can cast your spells before telling him to plant it again.

Still finger wriggling is just plain WRONG axes are the only moral choice in life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

32 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

I ran 40 in my last list, and probably 30 in my next with 30 bloodletters. They're so good with stacking attacks.

I'd love to run 30/30 warriors and 'letters, although the list I'm working up doesn't have room for more goodies I have in mind after the points for characters and battleline. 

WoK Bloodthirster - 360

Insensate Rage - 280

Bloodsecrator - 120

Bloodstoker - 80

10 Blood Warriors - 200

10 Blood Warriors - 200

10 Blood Warriors - 200

30 Bloodletters - 300

260 points left; just shy a Soul Grinder.

I'd love to run 30/30 warriors and 'letters, although the list I'm working up doesn't have room for more goodies I have in mind after the points for characters and battleline. 

WoK Bloodthirster - 360

Insensate Rage - 280

Bloodsecrator - 120

Bloodstoker - 80

10 Blood Warriors - 200

10 Blood Warriors - 200

10 Blood Warriors - 200

30 Bloodletters - 300

260 points left; just shy a Soul Grinder.

That 260

Could be 5 skull takers & skar bloodwrath who is a beast of a nuisance who clears hordes off the table and simply refuses to go away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived