The Abyssal Scourge - Maggotkin from the deep

drcrater

Hi everyone! 

So new year, new army, right? I was looking at the Putrid Blightkings kit the other day, a kit I have always loved, and I had an idea. Knowing that there is a subfaction called "The Drowned Men", and having a spare Iron golem kit in my home, why not try to do a couple of conversions to make some nurgle boys in classic diver suits? With a bit of greenstuff and sea themed decorations, it had to look cool.

With that in mind, I got a box of blightkings and started working. And this is what I have. I think it looks pretty cool, and if I finish the five blightkings and the Lord of Plagues and they look good enough, I will have to do a full proper Maggotkin of Nurgle army!

WhatsApp Image 2022-01-17 at 18.38.36.jpeg

• Like 13
  • LOVE IT! 2

6 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Looks really cool! I like the contrast between the cool colour scheme and yellow light from the visor.

How do you achieve the corrosion effects on the swords and armour?

It's a mix between stains of mechanicus standard grey, sotek green and rastskin flesh. With deepkin flesh as a highlight :)

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
1 hour ago, wolyhammer said:

Fantastic work, are you planning to do some Pusgoyle Blightlords? Would be great to see what rotten steeds from the depths they could ride?

Eventually yes! I am still thinking in what to do for the flies tho

And thank you all for the compliments! ^^ 

• 3 weeks later...