Cities of Sigmar - Taking Units from Other Factions

Vipoid

Question

So, the various Cities of Sigmar can take units from other factions. e.g. Living City can have 1/4 of their units from Sylvaneth, Har Kuron can take 1/4 units as Daughters of Khaine, etc.

Sorry if this is a silly question but can give these units CoS artefacts? Or would they have to have artefacts from their own book? Also, can I use one as my General? e.g. could I take a DoK Slaughter Queen in Har Kuron and make her my General? If so, would she get a CoS Command Trait or a DoK Command Trait?

Lastly, am I right in thinking that these units get the CoS bonuses but not any bonuses from their own book? So the aforementioned Slaughter Queen wouldn't get an extra prayer or anything like that.

Apologies in advance if these are stupid questions of if they've been asked before. I couldn't see them but it's entirely possible that I'm just being thick. :P

3 answers to this question

Unless a battletome included the coalition rules itself (so. third Edition Battletomes) you have to check the Errata.

Har Kuron for example has the two following parts in the Broken Realms Morathi Errata:

Page 104 – Temples of Khaine

Change the rule to:‘1 in every 4 units in a Har Kuron army can be a coalition unit (see below) from the Daughters of Khaine faction. Those units gain the Cities of Sigmar and Har Kuron keywords. Units from the Daughters of Khaine faction cannot be taken as allies in a Har Kuron army (they can only be taken as coalition units). In each of your hero phases, you can pick 1 friendly Daughters of Khaine Priest to chant the Incitement to Murder prayer (below) in addition to the 1 other prayer that they can chant in that phase.

COALITION UNITS

Coalition units do not count towards the number of Battleline units in your army. However, they do count towards the maximum number of Leader, Behemoth and Artillery units in your army. Coalition units cannot be generals. In addition, Coalition units are ignored when determining if the units in your army are from a single faction.

So,  A Slaughterqueen can get an Artefact in Har Kuron after she get's the Cities of Sigmar and Har Kuron Keyword (and she gets the player that is also mentioned in the Errata), but she can't be your general because Coalition Units can't become general.

Edited by EMMachine