Shooting rules-line of sight

Howdyhedberg

Question

Hello!

I usually play with Lumineth that always seem to have line of sight with sentinels.

My question is for other units. If one of your models in a unit see one model, can the whole unit shoot on that enemy unit? Or do all the models have to be able to see a/one model/miniature to be able to shoot? 

I'm currently at work, and the AoS app doesn't seem to answer this question.

I haven't played in a while, but I thought you only need one to see a model to shoot(and that all that shoot are in range).

Thankful for replies!

Edited by Howdyhedberg

6 answers to this question

21 hours ago, Howdyhedberg said:

Hello!

I usually play with Lumineth that always seem to have line of sight with sentinels.

One thing to watch out for is whether your High Sentinel has line of sight or not. If he does, then he cannot use his lantern, meaning you might have other models in the unit that cannot see and thus cannot shoot.

I do believe that the model that wants to shoot a unit must have a line of sight.

For example if from an unit of 10 Irondrakes, only 5 are able to see the unit targeted, only those models are able to shoot it, yet I’m currently not very certain myself.

Most of my currently existing shooting lines have such a short range or are just a single model in the unit, that line of sight never really plays a huge role for my beloved skaven 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Liquidsteel said:

One thing to watch out for is whether your High Sentinel has line of sight or not. If he does, then he cannot use his lantern, meaning you might have other models in the unit that cannot see and thus cannot shoot.

Oh, that's a good point! Was a long time I've played, and I might have misused that rule. Thanks for sharing!