Up to date rules

What started out as 1 model to paint for my nephews to (hopefully)admire, is rapidly turning into an army of daemons for my own benefit! My new hobby has evolved to the point where I need to sort the nurglings from the behemoths, if I'm going to start using them on the battlefield. Is buying a battletome the most reliable source for up-to-date warscrolls? QR codes on singular packs never seem to lead anywhere useful, and random warscrolls downloaded online are often contradictory. I've seen lists of errata published by GW, but it seems like a pain (and surely not my job as the punter) to cross-reference those lists with a (presumably incorrect) battletome that's charged at £25. 

Is there an online resource that you can pay for and download up-to-the-minute rules? It seems profligate to have shelves full of out-of-date info in all the GW shops..

Thanks

24 minutes ago, Muzzlehatch said:

Is there an online resource that you can pay for and download up-to-the-minute rules?

Visit https://warhammerplus.com and sign up. You can download the app for android or IOS devices which has the up to date rules. It’s currently in Beta but you can see all the rules but you will also need to subscribe to it after the beta finishes. It’s £50 for the year of you pay in one go and you get access to lots of other services. Otherwise it’s the rule book and battletomes but unless you are being super competitive and playing in lots of events, I wouldn’t worry too much about it. As long as you and your group play the same, you’ll be fine.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Visit https://warhammerplus.com and sign up. You can download the app for android or IOS devices which has the up to date rules. It’s currently in Beta but you can see all the rules but you will also need to subscribe to it after the beta finishes. It’s £50 for the year of you pay in one go and you get access to lots of other services. Otherwise it’s the rule book and battletomes but unless you are being super competitive and playing in lots of events, I wouldn’t worry too much about it. As long as you and your group play the same, you’ll be fine.

It's worth noting that it is currently unknown how much faction specific warscrolls and other rules will be available on the app after beta if you do not have an unlock code from purchasing the factions tome.

Current Stormcast and Orks have everything but the warscrolls locked away without a Battletome owners code. We don't know if even the warscrolls will be available after beta.

For more info see the "End of free warscrolls" post - but I'd advise only going there with a lot of time to spare and a stiff drink!

Edited by EntMan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's worth noting that the second edition AoS app is still available to download (don't know for how long that will be the case). The majority of those warscrolls are still current, until those battletomes receive an update. I personally prefer the format of the earlier app and will continue to use it as reference for free for as long as I can.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For now you can download the app for free and see everything you need for demons. Warscrolls, allegiance abilities, core rules, FAQs, etc.  No one knows what this will look like once the beta period is over. My advice is to use the free resource for now and otherwise wait on any purchases. See what the new rules distribution model is once the beta ends. There's a high likelihood that you'll need the battletome in some capacity, but there's also a good chance a new chaos battletome is coming soon and it could very well be Nurgle. Warhammer plus doesn't get you anything for now as far as rules, so unless you want it for the other features you're best off waiting so the subscription lasts longer, if in fact it becomes necessary.

• Thanks 1