Skyborn slayer or Warrior brotherhood (2k stormcast)

Skevin

Hello,
I have 2 lists, but I want play only one. I don't know what are exactly strengths and weaknesses of each.
I can't see what is good vs each army.

#Warrior brotherhood    (2000pts)
-1 prime        360
-5 judicators        160
+warrior brotherhood    140
-1 celestant        100
-1 azyros        100
-3 x 5 liberators    300
-2 x 5 Judicators    320
-3 prosecutors        80
-2 x 5 retributors    440
>2 relic swords
>reroll charges + run (celestant)

#skyborn slayer        (1980pts)
-prime            360
-2 fulminators        240
-1 celestant dracoth    220
+skyborn slayers    140
-1 celestant        100
-2x 5 liberators    200
-2x 5 judicators    320
-5 decimators        200
-5 protectors        200
>fenix stone (LCoD), relic sword(celestant)
>reroll charges + run (celestant)

Also, I'm in the same category here as I prefer LCoD to the on foot version. But, I always end up take the on foot celestant as he is cheaper and pairs nicely with the vexillor. I think end of the day go with what YOU want to play. I like the SS battalion, but deep striking in a 12 inch radius is too close for my judicators liking. I'm looking at the the warrior brotherhood recently.

If you pull the celestant on foot out of your second list and replace him with a heraldor, you'll have what I ran at a tournament a few weeks back. I swapped some things around after that for a bit more synergy.

The celestant on a dracoth can be used in SS because AoS is a keyword game and he has the celestant keyword, as does the celestant on stardrake.

To answer your question on which list to take, well it's up to you. I've only played SS lists in 2k games so I have no experience with WB. However, what I do know about SS is that despite deploying in a 24 inch bubble, you get to choose your battles right off the bat and most of your army is immune to battleshock. Also, you deploy in 4 or 5 drops, perhaps less, giving you first go.

1 hour ago, Nico said:

Well that flatly contradicts the Skarsnik answer they gave in the FAQ. I suppose it can be confined to events at Warhammer World.

Well, the Skarsnik ruling does refer to named characters; I'm not sure extending it out to mean any character is necessarily a extension of that ruling (albeit a fair reading to my eye too). I think this ruling for Warlords is the right one - the alternative reading was always open to inconsistency with items like Lord Celestant on Dracoth popping up in some battalions. 

Oh I see. I like both battalions, but lately I bad myself writing lists without battalions, like the prime and 10 rest+vex combo. Then I just loud out what could support best. 

What's the best tactic for the usage of SS ANYWAY? And what units work best to bring along outside of the battalion? I take prime, always.

The Prime plus Skyborne Slayers works very well as your opponent bunkers to defend the Slayers, then the Prime Comets the whole lot of them in turn one.

Basically you drop the Judicators to shoot buffing characters or Wizards, the Liberators chaff up something nasty, the Decimators take on a large block and the Protectors take on monsters.

57 minutes ago, Dracothjay said:

I haven't seen it done, but is doubling up on either a unit of 10 Decimators or 10 protectors viable? Or is it best to just spend points elsewhere for extra synergy?

In play you'll be lucky to get them all in on what you're targeting. Probably better balance to run two units of 5, especially given there are a lot go monsters and a lot of big battletine units doing the rounds.

21 hours ago, knifeyspooney said:

Well, the Skarsnik ruling does refer to named characters; I'm not sure extending it out to mean any character is necessarily a extension of that ruling (albeit a fair reading to my eye too). I think this ruling for Warlords is the right one - the alternative reading was always open to inconsistency with items like Lord Celestant on Dracoth popping up in some battalions. 

I would agree based on the wording of the response. "they" re: named characters.

But there is enough ambiguity to anticipate debate. I think it's down to the lack of consistency with keywords. They should probably abandon that or really tighten the screws.

1 hour ago, Nico said:

Yes - as discussed above. Then again he's not as Killy as you would expect.

He really isn't! His command ability is solid if you run 2-3 dracothian models and his shooting is solid albeit random. I plan to run him with a Castellant for 2+ with a re-roll and healing a wound on a save of 6 but he really isn't Archaon, Idol of Gork etc killy.

He's a lot more killy than Archaon - at least he does mortal wounds or autokills on little models. Archaon really sucks hard at anything other than tanking (unless you take a load of buffing heroes and have 30 Clanrats for Battleline). 

On 9/6/2016 at 9:34 PM, Dracothjay said:

I thought it was a 12'' deep strike radius for the SS?

A radius is the distance from the center of a circle to the edge. The diameter is the distance from one edge of the circle, through the center, to the opposite. The diameter is twice the distance of the radius. Better take a math class.

Archived