Multiple Generals…

TechnoVampire

Question

This isn’t exactly a rules question, but I can’t think of a better place to post it. 

I see quite a lot of people talking of the benefits of certain named characters etc being treated as a general in addition to the model chosen to be the general (I play SBGL and see this a lot).

other than the extra CP received for having your general on the board, and multiple “generals” making this more consistently received, can anyone describe to me what the benefits of this are?

Many thanks.  

5 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, TechnoVampire said:

This isn’t exactly a rules question, but I can’t think of a better place to post it. 

I see quite a lot of people talking of the benefits of certain named characters etc being treated as a general in addition to the model chosen to be the general (I play SBGL and see this a lot).

other than the extra CP received for having your general on the board, and multiple “generals” making this more consistently received, can anyone describe to me what the benefits of this are?

Many thanks.  

If you lose one, you still recive the extra CP and... the other one can try to get another one at 2+ istead of 4+. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Grimoriano said:

If you lose one, you still recive the extra CP and... the other one can try to get another one at 2+ istead of 4+. 

Thanks yeah, that’s as much as I could gather… I was hoping there was maybe something more that I had missed making people excited. 

I felt like I heard people talk about it pre 3.0 release and seeming very positive about the change, but I’m struggling to think why. 

Edited by TechnoVampire

10 hours ago, TechnoVampire said:

Thanks yeah, that’s as much as I could gather… I was hoping there was maybe something more that I had missed making people excited. 

I felt like I heard people talk about it pre 3.0 release and seeming very positive about the change, but I’m struggling to think why. 

In some cases characters that are now general in addition used to be forced generals. This made them generally hard to take, since it forced you to give up your command trait. The new general in addition mechanic makes taking those unique characters a pure upside instead of a downside. That extra CP is quite good, even if it does not necessarily seem like much.