Named characters and endless spells.

Greven-ilvec

Question

Hi everybody,

My question is as follows: 

I am fielding an allied Ellania and Ellathor in my order army, can i use this model to cast any endless spells that i have bought? ( For example the Quicksilver swords )

Or can i just use her for the warscrolls spell, wich also include AB en MS.

Thanks!

Edited by Greven-ilvec

4 answers to this question

31 minutes ago, Greven-ilvec said:

Hi everybody,

My question is as follows: 

I am fielding an allied Ellania and Ellathor in my order army, can i use this model to cast any endless spells that i have bought? ( For example the Quicksilver swords )

Or can i just use her for the warscrolls spell, wich also include AB en MS.

Thanks!

So long as the Endless Spell warscroll itself has no restrictions on who can cast it, then the Twins can cast it.  In Cities, however, they would not get the +1 bonus to cast as that is an Allegiance Ability.

• Thanks 1

What you can do:

• Cast generic endless spells from the Malign Sorcery and Forbidden Power pack
  • Cast the LRL endless spell if you play Ellania and Ellathor in an LRL army

What you can't do:

• Cast an Endless Spell that is bound to a faction keyword that Ellania and Ellathor do not have. For example you could not cast the Gladewyrm because of the line highlighted in the picture.

What I am not sure about: Doesnt work. Thanks Marcvs!

• Taking the LRL Endless Spell as an ally so Ellania and Ellathor can cast them while you use them in another army. 
  • ESlim.JPG.7e0aaaf7ab521d4f899b58cd30f29887.JPG
Edited by Charleston
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Charleston said:

What I am not sure about:

• Taking the LRL Endless Spell as an ally so Ellania and Ellathor can cast them while you use them in another army.

Just to add on this point, the core rules FAQ clarifies that you can't take endless spells from other allegiances even if you can ally / coalition wizards from that allegiance. Long story short, this goes into the " what you can't do" category

• Thanks 1