AOS 3: S2D - Thoughts on chosen

CarkFish

As per the title, they seem to be the only reliable source of damage we have right now, can easily be on a 3+ and ingnoring rend -1. No mortal wound protection is solvable via warshrine.

The more I look at them ... The more I want 2 blocks of 10

They were ignored during 2.0 mostly because their profile was similar to knights with enscrolled weapons but knights were faster, more durable and also counted as battleline.

Now, with +1 to saves everywhere I don't see 3+/3+ -1 work that well without the chance for Mortals, which Chosen seem back in the race again

• Like 2

Best damage per point unit S2D have against high save units with the nerf (edited) to marauders I believe. Not as fast or durable as knights. With more MSU style matches they’ll make great counter-chargers. I’m a big fan.

Edited by Virtus-XIV
  • Like 1

in my one game of 3.0  so far, it was my block of 10 chosen that did all the work. Exceeded my expectations. I marked them Tzeench, and with Orracular visions and mystic shield they suddenly became both hard-hitting and durable. Expensive in points, but from where else do we produce reliable wounds?

After the game, seeing my block of 20x warriors still at about 12-13 models strong after being in combat much of the game, it occurred to me that I should have enhanced my warshrine to have "Curse" - then the warriors would act as near-Chosen,  only more easily durable. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2021 at 7:30 PM, annarborhawk said:

in my one game of 3.0  so far, it was my block of 10 chosen that did all the work. Exceeded my expectations. I marked them Tzeench, and with Orracular visions and mystic shield they suddenly became both hard-hitting and durable. Expensive in points, but from where else do we produce reliable wounds?

After the game, seeing my block of 20x warriors still at about 12-13 models strong after being in combat much of the game, it occurred to me that I should have enhanced my warshrine to have "Curse" - then the warriors would act as near-Chosen,  only more easily durable. 

Interesting! .... I think im going to steal that!

• 1 month later...

Honestly I used em recently and they did well because they weren't targeted. But tbh. These are the be all end all of chaos infantry. They should get 3 wounds imho. Put them on par with the stormcast eternals who are supposed to be as good as chaos warriors. Lorewise these should be the best fighters in the setting. Maybe not the most skillfull but if Mike Tyson fighting was fighting a gorilla and these guys should be the gorillas.

I absolutely loved my chosen in my slaanesh marked army, absolute murder machines but you needed to make sure they didn’t get hit back as they aren’t tough. But, I haven’t used them in 3.0 yet and now that tbey don’t get exploding 6’s as well as the mortal wounds as well they might not do as well.

and I think maybe new cohesion rules is the biggest hit as it makes it even harder to get in combat. But they can deal a lot of mortal wounds.