AoS 3 - Daughters of Khaine Discussion

Chumphammer

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I've just been brainstorming for a little bit and I think I might just use her as a utility piece in a normal DoK army.

I am a little undecided on her army of renown. Most of the abilities you gain seem to be at least decent and some are pretty awesome. Only the heroic action and the related artifact seem to be quite bad. On the other hand you are losing a lot for not going straight temples.

I feel with the Croneseer's Pariahs you'd want to field at least two cauldrons.

Big blocks of Witches supported by Gladiatrixes will still put out a lot of hurt, barely lose any precision and will also be more durable once you get the Cauldron buff up. SoS will feel the missing of the to hit/to wound buffs from Blood Rites a little bit more, but with their 6" pile in you can even get more tricky with the off sequence moves, e.g. some nice "charges" in the enemies turn.

Small units of Doomfires will probably be needed to offer magical support and can be pretty good objective grabbers with Krethusas abilities.

Not sure about Shadowstalkers. They would of course be stand ins for the Khinerai for back field objective grabbers, but maybe with the additional movement of the Pariahs Doomfires could play this role as well.

Overall I think the Pariahs lose raw offensive power in exhange for movement and control elements. At least on Paper that sounds intriguing. If it is worth the trade of remains to be seen.

Just a few early morning thoughts :D....

Edited by foxicious

I tried her in a 3ways fun game with normal tempels. her abilities are super nice and mess with your opponents plans. the strongest in my opinion is the reclamation one, because it forces them to put heroes at the front.

it's a little tricky to get used to the ranges of within 6" of cauldron and unit within 9" to herself. might needs some practice.

• Thanks 1

On 3/16/2024 at 8:22 AM, foxicious said:

Sounds good. What lists did you play? Any hot takes on units? 

It was just a 1k game. So not perfect to make assumptions.

But i definitly recommend 2 Cauldrons minimum. Otherwise your ability won't work if your cauldron dies to an unfortunate accident :) Also you have more wiggle room to be wholly within 6" to a cauldron.

Also i feel like Krethusa lists tend to not be of the fighting kind. Otherwise you could run out of witches fast. Make them durable, with multiple layers in front of a unit with Prayer of Reclamation to really make your opponent think. Maybe even take Kelth Nar over Hagg Nar.

• Thanks 1