Battle Regiment
Command Entourage - Magnificent

Additional Enhancements
Prayer

Total: 1990 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 1 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 101

Using Khet for the Strat and Command trait more then anything else. Having a unit of witch elves with shields, prayer and the start can really do alot of mortal wounds back at a unit if they swing at them. The unit of Harpies is just nice to have in a back pocket. 

army is at 4 drops, going hard on the prayer options. Curse looks really good on paper if you can get it off and doesn't require melee hits so the doom fires can trigger it as well. The shortest range is an issue which is why i gave it to two different priest, and heavily debated giving it to the 3rd. 

the buff to mystic shield means you can have one of the doomfire's attempt to cast it each turn and probably get some use out of it. Also allows one of them to run without needing to stay close to the cauldron and still keep that 4+ save

any thoughts or obvious issues I'm missing? once I get some games in with it ill post with what I learn

4 hours ago, Milano said:

I have some AoS2.0 farewell games this weekend. Was planning to give Khelt Nar a try. Can I retreat run and charge with the Khelt Nar ability (AoS 2.0)? Thanks!

In 2.0 I think you can, as you could run in a retreat. 3.0 you can only retreat

2 hours ago, Chumphammer said:

In 2.0 I think you can, as you could run in a retreat. 3.0 you can only retreat

Thanks Chump. Yes for 3.0 it’s ruled very precisely (no), but for AoS2 I would also say yes. My argument would be: Run can be part of a retreat mechanic. And Khelt Nar allows a retreat and charge.

Ok, enough of my obsolete AoS2 questions. After this weekend I will join you all in the exciting 3.0. ruleset 😃

I played 2 games with the list posted above this last weekend. 

The doomfire warlocks did great both games, since alot of people seem to be taking more min sized units they have enough firepower between ranged and melee to remove if not cripple enemy units. And being able to hold an arcane bolt to the start of the fight phase is nice. With all out attack making there 4+ to hit less of an issue too. 

The invocation did alot of work. If it's well placed against 2 damage weapons it just feels so great. 

Curse also put in quite a bit of work. With the amount of dice we throw out it racks up quite a few mortals. 

Which leads me to the last point is, our lack of rend hurts. With all out defence exsistence having no rend feels even worse then it did before. Which is part of why stuff like curse and the doomfires felt so useful. Mind Razer of course is great but it's still a spell so it's hard to rely on it being there. 

On 6/29/2021 at 7:45 AM, Chumphammer said:

image.png.060cc6512e616d44e236c4a85dd402d4.png

Khelt Nar 4 drop. 

I'm going to be running something very similar to this at my next tournament, mine will be a 2 drop (only Battle Regiment) and possibly subbing out the unit of 5 Blood Stalkers for 10 Witch Aelves/Sisters of Slaughter and change for a triumph or endless spell - but only if I can't get all 15 Blood Stalkers painted. I'm not convinced either way on unique characters taking spells from the universal spell lore or I'd probably be doing the same as you with taking the Entourage for Levitate. I used to pretty much exclusively run Hagg Narr at events, but retreat and charge is such a powerful ability - particularly in this type of list - that I'm much more excited for Khelt Nar than the classic Cauldronhammer style right now. 

Edited by Jaskier

On 7/6/2021 at 6:02 AM, Uncannieryames said:

Hag Queen on Cauldron of Blood (255) in Battle Regiment
- General
- Command Trait: The Circling Flock
- Artefact: Gaisa's Falx
- Prayer: Blessing of Khaine
- Prayer: Martyr's Sacrifice
Hag Queen (105) in Battle Regiment
- Universal Prayer Scripture: Curse
- Prayer: Catechism of Murder
Hag Queen (105) in Command Entourage
- Universal Prayer Scripture: Curse
- Prayer: Sacrament of Blood

2 Prayers everywhere? How?

I played another 2 games with my list this last weekend vs nurgle and stormcasts. Won both.

The fall back and charge helped keep the shadow queen from being stuck In a tarpit vs nurgle. And morathis command ability is very potent after only getting to use one of the two models at a time for so long having both finally feels so good.

My witchs bomb did 22 mortal wounds to a unit of plauge bearers that were buffed to have 4 attacks each. With the mortals on 1s to hit, 6s to save and 5+ on death. Felt real good. 

Every game I've played the warlocks continue to impress me. I might try dropping the 3rd hag queen as I haven't felt like sacrament of blood has been helping much to gain an extra 10 aleves of some variety. ( Dropping the flaming skull as well) 

• Like 1

On 7/19/2021 at 3:04 PM, Uncannieryames said:

f you take an extra enhancement from the core battalion like a command entourage. You can pick prayer which let's all your priest take a second prayer they can still only cast one tho

Yes. But you can pick only one prayer right (on one Priest)?

You have 3 extra (3 hags, 2x curse, 1x faction)

2 hours ago, Sapca said:

Yes. But you can pick only one prayer right (on one Priest)?

You have 3 extra (3 hags, 2x curse, 1x faction)

I could be wrong but it reads like spell lores where each "prayer" enhancement let's all your priest take an extra not just one. I'll have to double check my book when I get off work tonight. 

7 minutes ago, Uncannieryames said:

I could be wrong but it reads like spell lores where each "prayer" enhancement let's all your priest take an extra not just one. I'll have to double check my book when I get off work tonight. 

image.png.b4a2bf5adbb7ab50e2549e4fd016905e.pngO.o

IT's EACH. This must be best option for us (spells are also each*).

Darn. Wow. :D

I automatically had artifact treatment in my head. 1 and that's it. Nice.

2 hours ago, Sapca said:

image.png.b4a2bf5adbb7ab50e2549e4fd016905e.pngO.o

IT's EACH. This must be best option for us (spells are also each*).

Darn. Wow. :D

I automatically had artifact treatment in my head. 1 and that's it. Nice.

Yeah, I went double warlord and hunters of the heartland for my Hagg nar. Not fussed about going 1st choice and the extra prayer options is great as you can stock up on back up heal & Crimson rejuvenation if you need to hammer some healing onto a key piece 

• Chumphammer changed the title to Khelt Nar Sect 3.0 Updated