Plastic bases with flat rims?

Kyriakin

Due to using a mold for resin water effects, I need bases with a flat edge (i.e. not the sloping edge that GW bases have).

Usually, this means getting an MDF base, but those don't have a hollow underside for a magnet.

Anyone know of any manufacturers of hollow plastic bases, with flat edges?

Initially, I am looking for 50mm rounds.

Edited by Kyriakin

It‘s s german Page. Yet these have a slope of almost zero 

https://www.fantasywelt.de/25mm-Round-Plastic-RPG-Base-20-Stueck?curr=EUR&gclid=Cj0KCQiA962BBhCzARIsAIpWEL3f-0RtI8ln36BPteHnD4WI6r8x5_ytyZ1cas1hJAhNOV9Fjm1yIY4aAqAKEALw_wcB

Manufacturer: Reaper Miniatures

In the case it‘s something else you are looking for, I could create you a custom .STL and you could ask a friend with a resin printer to print you the bases :)

Edited by JackStreicher

11 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

It‘s s german Page. Yet these have a slope of almost zero 

https://www.fantasywelt.de/25mm-Round-Plastic-RPG-Base-20-Stueck?curr=EUR&gclid=Cj0KCQiA962BBhCzARIsAIpWEL3f-0RtI8ln36BPteHnD4WI6r8x5_ytyZ1cas1hJAhNOV9Fjm1yIY4aAqAKEALw_wcB

Manufacturer: Reaper Miniatures

In the case it‘s something else you are looking for, I could create you a custom .STL and you could ask a friend with a resin printer to print you the bases :)

Thanks for the recommendation/offer. Yea, they look close. But bitter experience tells me that the wall has to be 100% vertical. Did you use those 3D prints yourself for this purpose then?

One option is to make your own cylindrical "base" out of resin using a 50mm mold, with a magnet embedded in the bottom. Then prime it black, put it back in the bottom of the 50mm mold and build the water over that as an additional cylindrical layer.

Does anyone know if neodymium magnets still function through a MDF base? If so, putting one on top of the base (i.e. embedded within the cork and/or texture paint) would be an option. The magnet I tested works through cork sheets, but not through a wooden display board for tiles. I don't want to buy a load of MDF bases to test it, in case it doesn't work...

Edited by Kyriakin

18 minutes ago, Kyriakin said:

Thanks for the recommendation/offer. Yea, they look close. But bitter experience tells me that the wall has to be 100% vertical. Did you use those 3D prints yourself for this purpose then?

One option is to make your own cylindrical "base" out of resin using a 50mm mold, with a magnet embedded in the bottom. Then prime it black, put it back in the bottom of the 50mm mold and build the water over that as an additional cylindrical layer.

Does anyone know if neodymium magnets still function through a MDF base? If so, putting one on top of the base (i.e. embedded within the cork and/or texture paint) would be an option. The magnet I tested works through cork sheets, but not through a wooden display board for tiles. I don't want to buy a load of MDF bases to test it, in case it doesn't work...

You could also just take a grinder or drill and recess the magnets yourself.