Armies on Parade Ideas

48 minutes ago, TheR00zle said:

forgive me sir, but what is PitOnParade

Are you sitting comfortably?  😊

November time last year a friend of mine gathered a load of people* together for a small friendly 40k gaming weekend up at Warhammer World called Purge the Pit.  Great hilarity was had by all and it was decided to run another one this year.

As you can imagine the current restrictions have resulted in there being no event, however rather than simply go "that's it folks" Dave is building an Armies on Parade board and invited people to send over a miniature to feature on it.  The loose theme is "pit fight" and although it's 40k, pretty much anything can fit in - I've painted up an Ogroid Myrmidon (which I've popped over into the painting area) but there's a huge assortment of miniatures being created and painted up for it.

For me it's a great way to scratch the itch of doing something for Armies on Parade but without having to commit to creating a massive display board.

https://twitter.com/dave_the_dr?lang=en <- Here's Dave's Twitter profile

https://twitter.com/hashtag/PitOnParade?src=hashtag_click <- Here's the hashtag

* most of the people only knew each other from Twitter.

• LOVE IT! 2

Won't be this year(or probably the next unless I hit a lot of life jack pots) but I've been building up floating island themed stuff like Stormcast prosecutors, Deepkin, kharadron, etc for flying armies battling in the aetheric skies of the realms. 

Been building up undead for that mythological classic of underworld vs the heavens feel but every release has me push it back since I want to add more. Ossiarchs for the abyss and Lumineth Alariths & Kraken-Eater for "sky island movers"  hasn't helped matter nor the promise of future cloud Buddha stuff from the Lumineth battletome either. And I just know Stormcast are due for more angelic flyers that'll keep my list growing. xD

• Like 1