A unit can benefit with his own ability, if the rule doesn't say?

MadCat

Question

Hi everyones .... i have a doubt with  3 abilities (just for example) and the form to apply it.

- Staunch Defender (Command trait Storm Cast +1save)

- Rage of Khorne (abilitie Bloodsecrator +1 Attack)

- Deathless Minions (Alliance abilitie, legion of grief,  ignore wounds o mortal wounds)

My problem is not with the "friendly" units, but it is with the same bearer or who generates them.

So......

- Can Staunch Defender benefit the general too?

- Can Rage of Khorne  Benefit the same BloodSecrator?

- Can DeathLess Minions benefit the same death HERO, if no more HERO are close him to give them the chance?

My Friends says "Every unit is "x" from itself"... so yes, can benefit.  But i think is no that simply.  The rules abilities are more restricted and at the same time, clear to undestand and apply, nothing more.  Thats why i put this 3 random example (to read them in detail) because its a regular situation in this game. 

PLEASEEE!! Can you help me and enlighten my mind?

Thank You and GL with the dices!! 

Edited by MadCat

7 answers to this question

Yes that works. It meets all conditions, Rules as Written yes. 

Rules as intended... It would be a bit of a slight if Nagash would only get a 6+ mortal wound save in Legions of Grief is another Hero would baby sit him ;) Or to put simpler, it's leading by example in most cases. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Fulcanelli said:

Good question, so just to be clear, I follow up with a doubt on the Steam Tank Commander's CA "Target Sighted".

It's this the same case? The commander benefit the +1 hit bonus?
Thank you guys.

Target Sighted.png

The Tank Commander has the Steam Tank Keyword (I don't have the Warscroll in front of me but I think so) and he is in range of m model that has the Keywords Ironweld Arsenal and Hero . So yes he can.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, EMMachine said:

The Tank Commander has the Steam Tank Keyword (I don't have the Warscroll in front of me but I think so) and he is in range of m model that has the Keywords Ironweld Arsenal and Hero . So yes he can.

Yes, of course, he has the Steam Tank keyword. Seems logical, thank you!