A ranged allegiance for Death?

Moar Barmu

Tomb Kings can already be built for range, with tomb queen, ssc, archers, horse archers, chariots, bowshabti.  not the most effective build, admittedly, but it exists.  Or rather, rules for it exist, you're on your own for models.

I could see ossiarch ranged options getting expanded, especially as they have little to no crossover ability with other factions.  wouldn't take much, just ranged versions of morteks, maybe a ranged cav or stalker box.

I put the odds of this happening within the next few years at about 40%.  Ossiarchs were popular enough that I think GW will want to revisit & expand on them, & ranged units are one of the more obvious open options for doing so.

Edited by Sception

I think that Games Workshop have created unique architypes for the 4 grand alliances, and one of the main one for new AOS death, is that it is difficult to get range unless you invest a lot of points in weak missile weapons like the tomb banshee's shriek which isn't a great option anyway. However, I do think that in the future, when they expand armies like Ossiarch Bonereapers missile weapons will start to creep into. However, I may be mistaken. I'm only quite new to AOS, so maybe I am not quite attuned to the ebb and flow of how games workshop releases products.

Bologna.  there is no overall structure or balance to the GA's.  The relative lack of shooting in death and chaos is a legacy inhereted from the oldhammer armies that originally made them up, nothing more or less than that, and no reason it should have to stay that way.

I don't hold out much hope, in oldhammer Vampire Counts had next to no shooting (banshess, zombie dragon and terrorgheist iirc) options whatsoever but that was made up for in other areas such as Vampires being really, really good depending on how far you wanted to kit them out.