Which colours/techniques are used here?

Beastmaster

50 minutes ago, Beastmaster said:

Hello, 

I found this picture on the internet, which really stunned me. RIt’s from a professional painter, and I wouldn’t hope to reach this quality. But how would you go on to try and find which colours were used? Which techniques are used here? Anyone got an idea?

Have you tried google image search to find the source? 

2 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Have you tried google image search to find the source? 

Yes, it’s from White Metal Games, but I couldn’t find any information on how they did it. Wouldn’t be surprised at all if they wouldn’t share their recipe. So I thought of reverse engineering. 🙂

Drop them a message and ask - it can't hurt. By and large painting services aren't hiding knowledge about how to paint (smart ones even publish books on how to paint or do youtube tutorials to drum up marketing). What people pay them for are the skills they've got and their time in painting models for them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beastmaster said:

Yes, it’s from White Metal Games, but I couldn’t find any information on how they did it. Wouldn’t be surprised at all if they wouldn’t share their recipe. So I thought of reverse engineering. 🙂

Yeah that would be my advice as well. Check their social media first if they shared the recipes. 
And I would add to overread’s post to offer them something as well. Either as a trade or just a positive review on social after they answered.