Victrix models and Cities of Sigmar

Acid_Nine

Hello! I've done something stupid and I decided to look at Victrix's models instead of doing my poetry class, and I'm seriously considering finding out a way to kitbash Roman soldiers with GW's freeguild in order to create some unique soldiers. What do people think? are they the same size? would it be easy to mix and match? or are GW's humans way too cartoony for a kitbash of sorts?

• 1 month later...

I've used Victrix models widely in my Hallowheart army, kinda classical themed. They're great models - I've used Heavily Armoured Hoplites (PG) and Gallic Naked Fanatics (flagellants) . I don't have any decent photos. The second photo was a 'bridge' test :)

I've also used Perry Mercenaries for the handgunners. 

I think as long as it looks ok, you put the effort in, and it has some kind of theme you shouldn't feel bad about it.  I've used these in lots of tournaments - not at GW obvs. GW have had 1000's from me and continue to enjoy my custom - just not for massed bodies.

28B96AE6-00BD-45A0-AC06-003005C25D55.JPG.0ae10ea7c1d98c84bbec94031037890f.JPG259EDB22-388E-475A-B2AE-A226F063328A.JPG.5465ce2409046226a9d4469dfad1d08c.JPG

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Absolutely go for it!

In regards to scale, for my light cavalry units (Pist, Out, DarkR) I am using the Samurai Cavalry from Warlord games. And those models are visibly smaller when put next to the regular Warhammer scale models. But I found out as long as they are painted, on properly sized base they still hold up next to the other stuff.  Especially if you put some extra effort into the base. Some sand, grass and rocks can make it really pop out and draw away from the visually smaller scaled model on top of it :)

• 2 weeks later...