Appropriate Ally Hero for Legion of Azgorh

Hi all, I am collecting and painting a new LOA army. I am not overly confident with the heros choices that my army has besides the DS. So, I was wondering which ally hero/wizard would fit and complement my army?  Once painted, I will be running 90 Fireglaives, 20 Ironsworn, 2 Magma cannons, and 4 heros.

One of my heros,  if not two, will be a DaemonSmith. Besides this i am not sure. I was thinking of adding The Contorted Epitome because of its Overwhelming Acquiescence ability. This would synergize well with my Fireglaives and Ironsworn in both phases.

Any thoughts and feedback would be highly appreciated. 

17 minutes ago, DarkBeardRising said:

Hi all, I am collecting and painting a new LOA army. I am not overly confident with the heros choices that my army has besides the DS. So, I was wondering which ally hero/wizard would fit and complement my army?  Once painted, I will be running 90 Fireglaives, 20 Ironsworn, 2 Magma cannons, and 4 heros.

One of my heros,  if not two, will be a DaemonSmith. Besides this i am not sure. I was thinking of adding The Contorted Epitome because of its Overwhelming Acquiescence ability. This would synergize well with my Fireglaives and Ironsworn in both phases.

Any thoughts and feedback would be highly appreciated. 

You don’t choose a beard, a beard chooses you

Edited by DarkBeardRising
Mistake posting this

Interesting! They have a ability called devolve, which makes your enemy move a certain target closer to you. This might be great if i am not in range with my fireglaives. The wildfire taurus would add a nice punch as well.

Last night i bought The Contorted Epitome. I really like its abilities and think it goes well with my list but this shaman is something to think about.

Question, would you know why Azyr app is not showing the shaman as an available ally?

• 1 month later...

Beasts of Chaos aren't currently a valid ally for LoA. You can use a few of the Tzeentch Tzaangor units if you want to keep a "bullish" or "horned" theme going but I don't think they are necessarily cohesive with the rest of the army. The Mindstealer Sphinx is an interesting model, though not a hero. Its ability could help support your lines allowing an enemy unit of your choosing to attack last.

On 5/8/2020 at 9:46 PM, Televiper11 said:

Be'lakor works well for my LoA.

Be’lakor, Kairos, Sorcerer Lord on Manticore and Khorne Daemon Prince are some allies that I have seen work really well depending on the actual army composition in question.

More experience seeing the Execution Herd side of LoA where Skarbrand or Mazarall the Butcher make for excellent Distraction Carnifex allowing Shar’tor and Tau’ruk to do their thing.  @NJohansson  idea of Khorne Daemon Prince or CSL on Manticore could be similar for a lot less points.  But with a more Fireglaives centric lists not sure.  All three would give you some of that melee you’re missing while keeping people focused away from your Magma Cannons.

Agree with @Televiper11 that Be’lakor can be useful (true in most Chaos lists that are looking for a little oomph).

But with that list what you may actually want/need is less a Hero to buff your units than an Endless Spell.  Know @Televiper11 has had luck with Cogs.  Soul scream Bridge another way to get those Fireglaives in shooting range.  Maybe bringing an allied wizard like the Contorted Epitome and using one of its casts for an Endless Spell is best way to maximize those units?

I have a friend who uses a soulscream bridge with his Legion so they can get in closer fast. He's had pretty good success with it.

Eventually he wants to convert it into looking like a steel girder bridge erupting out of a daemon portal to go with their aesthetic better by making it's fluff that it's a hell-bridge contraption their forge uses to penetrate the realms as both a trading nexus between dimensions but for battlefield purposes too in ambushing opponents and roundng up slaves as they can appear anywhere.